• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Mads Pedersen is Danish and Absolutely no other Nationality Thread

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What Nationality is Mads Pedersen?

• Dansk

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Danish

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Dänisch

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Danés

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Danois

• Danese

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Deens

• Danska

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Great performance, but Flanders is honestly so much different to de Ronde and with perfect tactics, this was the perfect race.

I think he will still get killed next Sunday unless the race plays out perfectly.

Roubaix is another story though

Probably. Just too many climbing intervals for a rider like Pedersen. But as strong as Lidl looked in the last few races they can play the numbers game. If Visma comes to the same conclusion and no one helps Alpecin we could get a suprise winner.

Reactions: Volderke and jmdirt
I think Ronde suits him better than Roubaix tbh. With Pogi not in the race and Van der Poel starting with a huge target on his back, I don't think Pedersen will get the opportunity again to get up ahead so early. I think he will have to make his moves in the killer zone from the second Kwaremont to Taaienberg.

At least let him enjoy this win until tomorrow before you speak of his death next week! ;)
Screw that, I rate E-3 higher than Wevelgem anyways, but de Ronde is what counts for me! Hence, my analysis is pretty biased towards that specific race..

But a positive is, as Netserk pointed out, that Pogacar isn't racing and Mathieu's suspect team. Freaking Philipsen needs to actually race for Mathieu for once in that race after getting gifted MSR.

We know Mathieu will be a monster and we know Pedersen can't beat him straight up in a race like de Ronde, but what about Van Aert? He looked strong to me in E-3, but lets wait until after Wednesday before we have the full picture.

Reactions: jmdirt
I think Ronde suits him better than Roubaix tbh. With Pogi not in the race and Van der Poel starting with a huge target on his back, I don't think Pedersen will get the opportunity again to get up ahead so early. I think he will have to make his moves in the killer zone from the second Kwaremont to Taaienberg.

Just wonder why. He is not the most explosive rider and his big engine should be even more of an advantage in Roubaix. Kristoff was/is a similar case.

I wouldn't write him off for Ronde just yet, last year he was third and Pogacar was the reason he exploded Kwaremont.

Obviously the race suits MvdP slightly better, but the scenario will be different without the crazy Slovenian there - and Pedersen seems to climb better this year.

Reactions: jmdirt
He's 4th already ;)

Well, on the daily updated version he is still 5th. As we speak.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Cool interview with Mads pre-Ronde (in English).

I couldn't find the international version, maybe someone else can, if you cannot access the Danish page:

Reactions: Sandisfan