• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Official LANCE ARMSTRONG Thread 2010-2011

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

sure...it is a good idea...sounds kinda tricky given all the issues via clinic and whatall...but if it can be done why not?:)

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Looks like it has been covered but my vote would be for a sticky (done) clinic and professional forums and let the other threads drop off without closing or merging.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I must highlight some things of the commentary yesterday,
1. When they changed shots from the back of the field to the helicopter, we saw that Radioshack was on the front of the peleton with the leadout, did you hear liggett? he wet himself seeing armstrong on the front.
2. When he was talking about the sprint it was lance Armstrong's teammate who came 2nd in the sprint.
3. When armstrong was streching his back, he was making groans and commenting on him streching like he was actually strechin as well

Where is Matt keenan????

auscyclefan94 said:
I must highlight some things of the commentary yesterday,
1. When they changed shots from the back of the field to the helicopter, we saw that Radioshack was on the front of the peleton with the leadout, did you hear liggett? he wet himself seeing armstrong on the front.
2. When he was talking about the sprint it was lance Armstrong's teammate who came 2nd in the sprint.
3. When armstrong was streching his back, he was making groans and commenting on him streching like he was actually strechin as well

Where is Matt keenan????

He didn't refer to Gert by name? That's just pathetic. :mad:

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
LA
And nice effort today (monster break) for Tim Roe (riding here for UNISA) from @treku23 team. Way to show some guts and toughness, Timmy!

CE
@KevinRuddPM-Kevin's coming to the start of #TDU today..... Any questions I should put to our prime minister? :eek:)

Mike tomalaris
Two from two for Greipel. Cycling's "Gorilla" looks the goods today - no?
about 2 hours ago from web

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
So how many eight-year olds could he take?

issoisso said:
... "How many 8 year olds can Armstrong take in a fight?" ... .

I'd say he can probably take on 5, after that he'd be unable to keep them all at bay and at least one would get a kick in to the groin.

Of course if he has his bodyguards there would have to be at least 50 of the little blighters to get at him.

(apologies to Issoisso for the out of context quoting but I thought this topic was worth talking about a lot more than the usual Lance blah blah blahs)

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I never thought I would be bored to death, but this thread convinced me otherwise.
Usually Armstrong is a hot topic so let's get this thread going.

But what the hell can I suggest, that would be more interesting hmm...? :confused:

I don't have a clue but let's try something.

Best/worst/most-exciting memories of Lance or the tour, in the years 99-05. You may include 09 if you want, but please don't let the Armstrong - Contador rivalry get out of hand.

I will start out

Luz Ardiden 2003

It all started on Tourmalet where Ullrich powered away from Armstrong.
Armstrong didn't respond immediately, but he caught up with him before the summit.
most of you will remeber the rest of this story.
from the bottom of Luz Ardiden to the stage finish on the top, it was all drama. The bag that held Armstrong back the first time he tried to attack, the chain jump (or what ever it was), that hurt him dearly, then he rejoined the group.
And for some reason, Mayo was the rider who got caught up on both occasions.
Then Armstrong attacks again and this time he stays away, passing Sylvain Chavanel before taking the stage victory, and improves the margin in the GC before the last crucial ITT.

other honourable mentions:

Mount Ventoux 2000
Morzine 2000

And many others.

Please share your memories...:)

Bike Boy said:
I never thought I would be bored to death, but this thread convinced me otherwise.
Usually Armstrong is a hot topic so let's get this thread going.

But what the hell can I suggest, that would be more interesting hmm...? :confused:

I don't have a clue but let's try something.

Best/worst/most-exciting memories of Lance or the tour, in the years 99-05.

Armstrong on Versus giving an extended post-2003 Tour commentary on highlights of the race and proving what a self sbsorbed a-hole he is. His answer to Ligget or Sherwin's question about Beloki's crash was classic. One of them threw him a softball, leaving a huge opening for Armstrong to show empathy and comment about what a tragedy it was. Instead Armstrong was like, "It did not matter. If one rider is goes, there's always someone else you have to watch out for." You could tell that if Beloki would have been killed then Armstrong would not have cared one bit.

auscyclefan94 said:
When armstrong was streching his back, he was making groans and commenting on him streching like he was actually strechin as well

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! That is pretty funny, I wish I'd seen it!

Did Paul say "Gee Phil, guess who else understands the value of stretching? A certain Mr. Armstrong"

Phil likely just finished j*cking off :eek:

A

Anonymous

More Versus hilarity....when Roe went up that hill yesterday, Phil became fake excited thus floating up a big softball for Paul to cooly state "doesn't surprise me at all Phil...do you know who Tim Roe was out training with yesterday? A certain Lance Armstrong..."

Cash05458 said:
More Versus hilarity....when Roe went up that hill yesterday, Phil became fake excited thus floating up a big softball for Paul to cooly state "doesn't surprise me at all Phil...do you know who Tim Roe was out training with yesterday? A certain Lance Armstrong..."

Someone should do a count on how many times Dumb & Dumber mention a certain rider from Austin, Texas called Lance Armstrong (.......damn you got me doin it now!:rolleyes:) in tomorrows coverage.

And maybe then we can see who has the most Lance-centered coverage. Versus, SBS or SKY. Even though they should all be the exact same highlights package except possibly the intros and outros.

**$10 dollars says Versus only just beating SBS by a couple of mentions;)**

A

Anonymous

Back to Alpe's question about sticky:

I say stick it :)p) and if people want to post in the official armstrong thread they can, but in general, stickied threads are very hard to follow and most people will still start a new thread anyway

(i.e. we had a sticky for transfers, yet every time a big transfer occured we started a new thread - same will happen with LA)

Dim is right tho, the number of lance threads is out of control, but that's life really. Perhaps we should have a look at who keeps posting pointless lance threads?

- sometimes its a newbie who prob doesn't realise the dislike of armstrong here

- sometimes its a poster who has a rep for disliking LA who wants to complain

- every now and then, the resident troll will start a thread too.

These are my suggestions about the 3 possible situations that start Lance threads:

- if its a newbie asking a dumb question, be nice and maybe ask the mods to merge it to this thread

- if you have a general complaint about armstrong, post it here. no need for a new thread

- if you see a troll, report it, BUT DO NOT RESPOND TO IT. responding with 10 pages of b!tching and complaining doesn't really help.

3 simple rules that would not only stop the no. of lance threads but also avoid the flame war

its up to US, THE FORUM MEMBERS to control the forums, not the mods. we can save the mods a lot of work by just following a few simple rules.

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
ridiculous idea.

any racing/doping thread that goes on for more than 50 or so replies turns into a lance thread. so what are you proposing? Pointing them all to this thread? It will turn into a mess of babel like conversations. If you want to experiment, go ahead, but just remember that I told you so.

here's my proposal, anyone who posts about Lance has to post a new photo to the babes on bikes thread 1 for 1, 1 lance post, 1 babe photo. No excuses, no exceptions, no negotiation.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
ravens said:
ridiculous idea.

any racing/doping thread that goes on for more than 50 or so replies turns into a lance thread. so what are you proposing? Pointing them all to this thread? It will turn into a mess of babel like conversations. If you want to experiment, go ahead, but just remember that I told you so.

here's my proposal, anyone who posts about Lance has to post a new photo to the babes on bikes thread 1 for 1, 1 lance post, 1 babe photo. No excuses, no exceptions, no negotiation.

initially I was going to ignore your post but your second paragraph is genius.

franciep10 said:
Bjarne Riis says Armstrong can't win the tour, he goes on to say that he doubts he can podium due to the difficulty of this years tour.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/riis-says-armstrong-cant-win-the-tour-again

That's the fourth comment from a DS or current rider knocking Lance's chances at the 2010 TdF. And so far as I know, he's not responded to any of them. Alberto can't fart in his general direction without Lance rushing to a microphone or his phone.

Publicus said:
That's the fourth comment from a DS or current rider knocking Lance's chances at the 2010 TdF. And so far as I know, he's not responded to any of them. Alberto can't fart in his general direction without Lance rushing to a microphone or his phone.

Unless LA uses them to hit AC in the head, I think is clear who's getting hurt as the days go by-and the people exposing LA's charade keep growing:)
Riis knows the only man stopping his Schleck boys this year is AC

This story was published on the radioshack site to which one fanboy commented:

"I wonder if Bjarne is watcing the Tour down Under….. Lance is the master at peaking at exactly the right time. All Bjarne is trying to do is look for a bit of Media Attention. Lance was no way near the condition his in this year as he was last year. Just watch the Tour down Under and the races that follow leading up to the tour, barring any illness or crashes Lance will be on the podium"

Gold.

http://www.teamradioshack.us/bjarne-riis-to-lance-armstrong-forget-the-podium-010/

franciep10 said:
Bjarne Riis says Armstrong can't win the tour, he goes on to say that he doubts he can podium due to the difficulty of this years tour.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/riis-says-armstrong-cant-win-the-tour-again

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
This story was published on the radioshack site to which one fanboy commented:

"I wonder if Bjarne is watcing the Tour down Under….. Lance is the master at peaking at exactly the right time. All Bjarne is trying to do is look for a bit of Media Attention. Lance was no way near the condition his in this year as he was last year. Just watch the Tour down Under and the races that follow leading up to the tour, barring any illness or crashes Lance will be on the podium"

Gold.

http://www.teamradioshack.us/bjarne-riis-to-lance-armstrong-forget-the-podium-010/

wow I agree with lance definitely looks like he can win the tour because he rode so well in the one breakaway he was in:rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

God sake.. why does every TDU highlights package start with Ligget and BLOODY ARSEWRONG!!!!

A

Anonymous

Dangerously sick drinking game...do a shot everytime egostrong is mentioned on tonight's versus coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.