• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Official Moser is the new Moser Thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 28, 2012
Visit site
Eshnar said:
Moser could. He always said he wants to be a GT guy. It's a mistake imho, but let's wait and see.

Despite his relatively low weight he's a strong rouleur and sprinter, he has the potential of being one of the best all-rounders. Hills, cobbles, mountain passes, time trials, one day he may be able to handle them all very well.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
maltiv said:
Moser and Sagan might just dominate cycling completely this season.

That duo needs to be split up if anyone else wants to win a race! :p And they probably will be, as I doubt Cannondale has got the money to keep Moser.

why not? Cannondale's revenue is almost as big as specialized, while specialized is sponsoring multiple teams. Cannodale simply need another title sponsor, they can easily keep both of them.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What do you people here think what should Moser concentrate on in his career?
What should he develop in?
Personally, I think he's GT potential (multiple, various...), but it would be waste of talent to neglect the Classics.
Where's his limit in the Classics?

serfla said:
What do you people here think what should Moser concentrate on in his career?
What should he develop in?
Personally, I think he's GT potential (multiple, various...), but it would be waste of talent to neglect the Classics.
Where's his limit in the Classics?

Totaly unproven on cobbles. I do think he can be very good in RVV, I'm more sceptical about P/R though.

As for GT, I don't know. We'll see what he can do next week in T/A. I'd prefer him to focus on classics for now, while gaining some experience in GT riding (his debut will be in the Tour). He has never been shy about his GT ambitions.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
SafeBet said:
Totaly unproven on cobbles. I do think he can be very good in RVV, I'm more sceptical about P/R though.

As for GT, I don't know. We'll see what he can do next week in T/A. I'd prefer him to focus on classics for now, while gaining some experience in GT riding (his debut will be in the Tour). He has never been shy about his GT ambitions.
I completely agree about the cobbles. Roubaix is where I would put his limit.
I have huge faith in his GT potential. He's only 22, so has 3-4 years to develop and 5-10 to fight for the top, while still improving.
Focus on the Classics is O.K. for the moment, but the focus in his peak years is what I'm interested in.
Focusing on one aspect of the two would be a shame.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
lampre is the worst team to go.
very badly organized, changing coaching staff every year without clear reasons.
bartoli has no experience as coach.
lampre is deeply involved in doping scandals ( mantova, roberti's inquiry...)
lampre is ruled by giuseppe saronni.
can you see a moser under the guidance of saronni?

probably is not your fault, you are too young if you can only imagine that saronni can be the the chief of a moser....:)

profff said:
lampre is the worst team to go.
very badly organized, changing coaching staff every year without clear reasons.
lampre is deeply involved in doping scandals ( mantova, roberti's inquiry...)
lampre is ruled by giuseppe saronni.
can you see a moser under the guidance of saronni?

probably is not your fault, you are too young if you can only imagine that saronni can be the the chief of a moser....:)

Saronini is not with Lampre anymore.

251-PIC348320812.jpg

profff said:

Actually that's not really true. He works for Sport Service Lunata (something comparable to the Mapei Center...only less important), and he's been training many amateurs during the last years.
He knows what has to be done.

But I agree: Lampre is the worst choice ever :p

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
the asian said:
Saronini is not with Lampre anymore.

are you joking?
damiani is not with lampre and that is meaningful
saronni is still the boss

about bartoli's experience as a coach, he did not follow any special study or qualification for coaching
bartoli himself said that his university was the road and that he relays on his experience as a pro rider.
imho , his pro career took place in the worst years of cycling history in a period ( and in teams) deeply related with the use of PED. obviously that is not bartoli' s fault , but just a matter of fact. bartoli was a great champion with great class and style and i liked him very much , but i do not think he is the right choice to grow a thoroughbred like moserino today.
and coaching sometuscany amateurs is not a pedigree for a coaching the greatest italian hope in cycling.
in any case i do not want to enter in subject partially clinic related , but i do think that today cycling, especially italian cycling needs clear choices.-
i want to add that i consider bartoli intelligent and clever person and i am sure he will become probably a great coach, but today he is not qualified enough to withstand a duty as coaching a pro team.

the lunate center was estabilished 1 year ago and has no curriculum or experience to be compared to mapei center..

please just read the worlds of roberto damiani, one of the most considered ds on cycling pro blog about the inconsistent approach of lampre to coaching cyclists: you will understand the reason of my words.

profff said:
are you joking?
damiani is not with lampre and that is meaningful
saronni is still the boss

about bartoli's experience as a coach, he did not follow any special study or qualification for coaching
bartoli himself said that his university was the road and that he relays on his experience as a pro rider.
imho , his pro career took place in the worst years of cycling history in a period ( and in teams) deeply related with the use of PED. obviously that is not bartoli' s fault , but just a matter of fact. bartoli was a great champion with great class and style and i liked him very much , but i do not think he is the right choice to grow a thoroughbred like moserino today.
and coaching sometuscany amateurs is not a pedigree for a coaching the greatest italian hope in cycling.
in any case i do not want to enter in subject partially clinic related , but i do think that today cycling, especially italian cycling needs clear choices.-
i want to add that i consider bartoli intelligent and clever person and i am sure he will become probably a great coach, but today he is not qualified enough to withstand a duty as coaching a pro team.

the lunate center was estabilished 1 year ago and has no curriculum or experience to be compared to mapei center..

please just read the worlds of roberto damiani, one of the most considered ds on cycling pro blog about the inconsistent approach of lampre to coaching cyclists: you will understand the reason of my words.
Very good post, i agree with everything.

TRENDING THREADS