• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The official Wilco Kelderman is the new Merckx-thread

Page 35 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
C'mon. That's not poor class. It was a setup by Sunweb. Let Hindley go first and then Kelderman bridge so they can create a gap together. Didn't work out as Almeida was able to follow Kelderman.
He should always have waited longer, whatever the plan. If Hindley is further up the road and he tries to bridge, but he notices that he can't shake Almeida, he could still decide to keep his legs still and have Almeida gamble to go after Hindley or not and profit in Almeida's wheel. If he can shake Almeida, the team can still tell Hindley to wait for Kelderman and they can work together.

Congratulations with your first Maglia Rosa Wilco. Had to fight very hard for it.
Agree with you Dekker that he will probably be defeated, probably on saturday.
Couldn't keep up his form for three full weeks. Still great fight today, ended up fifth. These are the stages we will remember in ten years time.
It will all come down to saturday, keep up with Hart and Hindley and he probably wins the Giro.

We're in 2020, an interesting year when a former sky jumper almost won the TDF only to be dethroned by his "younger brother" in the last "real" stage.
The eternal promise (the Marat Safin of cycling) Kelderman has a very good chance of winning the Giro.
At this stage, not even Valverde winning the Vuelta would surprise me all that much.

We're in 2020, an interesting year when a former sky jumper almost won the TDF only to be dethroned by his "younger brother" in the last "real" stage.
The eternal promise (the Marat Safin of cycling) Kelderman has a very good chance of winning the Giro.
At this stage, not even Valverde winning the Vuelta would surprise me all that much.
I think every single tennis fan would be offended by that if they knew who Wilco Kelderman was.

TRENDING THREADS