• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Olympic Individual TT 2016. Rio de Janeiro. 54,6km

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the Olympic gold in the men's individual time trial in Rio 2016?

• Fabian Cancellara

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • Jonathan Castroviejo

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Rohan Dennis

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Tom Dumoulin

Votes: 50 32.5%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 33 21.4%
  • Ion Izagirre

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Vasil Kiryienka

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Tony Martin

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Nelson Oliveira

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Primoz Roglic

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Re:

PremierAndrew said:
luckyboy said:
PremierAndrew said:
Dennis lost a maximum of 5s tbf, that bike change was very very smooth

Maybe if you only count the act of changing the bike. Slowing down and getting up to speed again lost more

He also got a brief rest. The act of changing bike literally cost him 2s
He first had to slow down, then changed his bike and then had to accelerate again. Moreover I think the change of rhythm also is a small disadvantage. Pretty sure it cost him at least 8 seconds.

Well done by Dumoulin. Silver with a broken wrist and 3 weeks of hampered preparation.

But looking at all the time gaps at the finish I really feel he lost gold with that crash in France...

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

Kokoso said:
MacBAir said:
Kokoso said:
MacBAir said:
Kokoso said:
Happy for second and third place. Cancellara really motored to victory today.
1/10.

Drink it in maaaannnnn... Canc is the best!
Looks like I am not the one drining here :D You are getting monothematic.
You have to agree that this was a nice send off from fabian. From easy wins like destroying the wheelsucker Stybar at strade bianchi, to great wins like burying Froome and Tom today...

Drink it in, maaaannnn
Why are you so agressive? :confused:
Me, aggressive? Why would I be?

It just feels great to watch great champions win, instead of sad wheelsuckers.

Well done to Fabian - surprised most except himself. A fitting end to his career.

Dumoulin did well considering he was carrying a broken wrist, but even if injury free I doubt that he would have bettered Fabian today.

Dennis died on that climb before the third time check, and possibly went out too fast as well. The mechanical merely cost him the Bronze.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

MacBAir said:
Kokoso said:
MacBAir said:
Kokoso said:
[quote="MacBAir"
You have to agree that this was a nice send off from fabian. From easy wins like destroying the wheelsucker Stybar at strade bianchi, to great wins like burying Froome and Tom today...

Drink it in, maaaannnn

Wheelsucking in time trial? Ok, I got it, you are just stupid.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

Kokoso said:
MacBAir said:
Kokoso said:
MacBAir said:
Kokoso said:
[quote="MacBAir"

Drink it in, maaaannnn

Wheelsucking in time trial? Ok, I got it, you are just stupid.
You can win timetrials while being an wheelsucker in any other race. Imagine if Stybar wasn't so weak and could actually do something in TTs? He would fit the bill.

And Fab would destroy him easily. Again.

What a great win. Drink it in, maaaannn

Kokoso said:
MacBAir said:
Drink it in, maaaannn
Drink what?
chris-jericho-ladder-sit.jpg

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

Red Rick said:
Cannibal72 said:
It's not too much of a tragedy, even if Dumoulin is injured; he's 25 and will most likely have another two chances to get gold. Roglic is the great unknown in all this; I think he'll get bronze (and the climbs should advantage him, given his physique).
TT'ers don't dominate for 8 years, and rarely for more than 1 Olympic cycle. And this parcours is absolutely perfect for him. He'll likely never dominate the absolute flat TT's

Thought I might repost this. :D (but yes, it's hard to envisage a course as good as this one was for him.)

TRENDING THREADS