The Podium Slam

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I agree this list is not a judgement value about who had a better career. This list says absolutely nothing about someone's career.
Right. I mean, guys like Coppi, LeMond or Gaul don't even appear on this list. It just is what it is, and not more than that.

I only asked the question, because there's a kind of logical ranking in this list. Otherwise you can make it on alphabetical order.
I think it makes sense. Like the way Olympic medals are sometimes counted by just adding up the number of medals per nation. If the goal in the podium slam is to just get on the podium in all 3 GTs, then 4-2-3 should rank higher than 6-3-1 or whatever.

Yeah, well, I think the thread evolved a bit. You still have to have been on one podium to get on the list, though.

It could be interesting to have all riders who have been top 10 in all GT's on it but I guess that would be a Herculean task to complete that.
Well call me Hercules, because I found the names that would need to be added to make that list after the Giro, and posted it on the same page that you said this:

5,5,4 Thurau
5,6,3 Mollema
7,3,8 Van den Broeck
5,7,6 Totschnig
8,6,6 Chozas
5, 8,8 Fuchs
10,6,4 Martin
6,7,9 Konig
8,9,8 Serrano

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Well call me Hercules, because I found the names that would need to be added to make that list after the Giro, and posted it on the same page that you said this:

5,5,4 Thurau
5,6,3 Mollema
7,3,8 Van den Broeck
5,7,6 Totschnig
8,6,6 Chozas
5, 8,8 Fuchs
10,6,4 Martin
6,7,9 Konig
8,9,8 Serrano
Yeah, I guess the outlier is somebody who has a long enough, successful enough career in cycling to finish in the top 10 of all 3 GTs, and doesn't make the podium in at least one.

UPDATE!
Caparaz joins the elite list of riders with a podium in each GT.
Kelderman also deserves a mention in the third tier, having a podium in the Giro and top10 results in the Tour and Vuelta.

I'm using @Netserk culprit so please @tobydawq don't kill me. I also added a few names (thanks @Samu Cuenca). As always, if you spot any mistake just tell me.
Why are you still disrespecting my man Jurgen Van den Broeck? :confused_old:

Why are you still disrespecting my man Jurgen Van den Broeck? :confused_old:
Because he still didn't finish 3rd on the road ;)

5,5,4 Thurau
5,6,3 Mollema
7,3,8 Van den Broeck
5,7,6 Totschnig
8,6,6 Chozas
5, 8,8 Fuchs
10,6,4 Martin
6,7,9 Konig
8,9,8 Serrano
But here Van den Broeck should probably be listed as 7,3,7, cause like Mollema he was also moved up after Cobo's victory was voided. Scrap that, cause it's just Wikipedia playing tricks on me; he was never moved up. and I already knew that, cause I had checked it before, because it could also had meant that Fuglsang could have made the list, if he had been handed 10th.

ASK THE COMMUNITY