• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Real Football Thread

Page 115 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Re:

l.Harm said:
I think he was spot on.

Mocking Benitez's weight and saying his wife would be better off at taking care of that????

Mourinho should be smart enough to see that the comment from Benitez's wife was said in a light-hearted manner. At least in response to it he should have kept it in the context of a footballing point.

He overstepped the mark on this one.

Re: Re:

gooner said:
l.Harm said:
I think he was spot on.

Mocking Benitez's weight and saying his wife would be better off at taking care of that????

Mourinho should be smart enough to see that the comment from Benitez's wife was said in a light-hearted manner. At least in response to it he should have kept it in the context of a footballing point.

He overstepped the mark on this one.

He just wants all the attention. He's the epitome of smugness.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I like Bilic but picking that side tonight isn't good enough. I'm not buying this prioritising Arsenal stuff.

Contrast his side with the strong one Koeman picked when they were already 3-0 nil up.

The Premier League is a very vain league. Many sides over the years see the Europa League more as a distraction than an opportunity to actually embrace it. Yet we will still hear the self proclaim of the best league in the world while at the same time not performing on the stage that helps verify that claim.

We had this with Hull's defeat this time last year. Co-efficiency could be a big worry next year if performances don't pick up after last year's embarrassment.

It would serve them right.

Chelseas first 11 is the best in the division, but behind that there is not much. If they can avoid bigger injury problems and minimize fatigue later in the season, they will defend their title. Mourinhos teams have traditionally regressed in his third season, but this time he tries to build a dynasty in one club, not just have short term success, so things might go differently.

Arsenal seems better placed for sustainable title challenge than ever before in the last decade. Still too early though to call them favourites.

Hard to say anything about City. United and Spurs were both poor in todays opener, though United have more room for improvement given their major squad overhaul.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Our first win at Anfield in 52 years. Yes, 52 *** years. I am ecstatic!! :D

Yes, I'm gonna get pissed tonight. :cool:

image.jpg

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I like Martial as a player but that money is ridiculous. I heard he could be as high as 80m euros with add-ons. He's not even an out and out striker. I've seen him play on the wing quite a bit.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
FIFA.
cover up doping and various forms of corruption? no problemo.
let clubs finalize a transfer 29 minutes past the transfer deadline? can't do.