• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Real Football Thread

Page 116 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dortmund have been seriously impressive this autumn. Specially yesterday, when they played Leverkusen off the park. And this was a Leverkusen side in top form, full of confidence, also coming off from very good start to the season. They were not just beaten, but played completely off the park, from first minute to the last. It ended 3:0, but could easily have been 6:0 or 7:0.

Despite having less individual talent, this Dortmund side in a lot of ways resembles Guardiolas Barca from their first season.

Like they said in Eurospot commentary last night: Everybody loved Klopp, but Tuchel is ten times the tactitian.

First I read on a football website that Bayern won 5:0 and just thought that Bayern had a good match.
Then I read that Lewandowski scored all of these goals and I was already very impressed.
AND THEN I READ THAT HE SCORED ALL GOALS IN 9 MINUTES AND I WAS LIKE :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I posted a topic on one of my football forums entitled "How corrupt is FIFA?" - just checked the date, posted nine years ago! They took their time, but it finally looks like Blatter, Valcke, and Platini are for the high jump.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Perfect timing to have got this book today which has just been released.

CMxJhptUcAAm3Ix.jpg:large

Re:

Catwhoorg said:
Fifa President Sepp Blatter is currently being questioned by representatives of the Swiss attorney general, the BBC understands.

In a statement, the attorney general's office said it had opened "criminal proceedings" against Mr Blatter.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34363289

yep, from Guardian (headline:Sepp Blatter: Swiss attorney general opens criminal investigation) :

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/25/sepp-blatter-criminal-investigation-swiss-attorney-general

But I think more money will shift hands and the case will be dropped.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Not a bad day of football this coming Sunday.

Ajax v PSV
Everton v Liverpool
Arsenal v Man Utd
Bayern v Dortmund
Atletico v Real
PSG v Marseille

Re:

BigMac said:
Porto totally smoked Chelsea on the second half. There should have been a penalty for Chelsea, but they didn't deserve it anyway. Just goes to show (yet again) how utterly useless goalline refs are.

English teams struggling in Europe yet again. I make that 5 defeats out of the 6 games English teams have been involved in so far. Whilst Porto are a decent side especially at home, only Man City have played a top side so far. Arsenal may now have to take 4 points off thier 2 games with Bayern to progress.

Whilst the premier league is one of the most entertaining in the leagues in the world, teams are falling behind some of the other European big teams in terms of quality.

That changes year to year though. It wasn't that long ago that English teams absolutely dominated Europe and you had 3 English teams in the semi final. There were 2 Italian teams in the final 11 years ago, 2 English teams 7 years ago, 2 German teams 2 years ago and 2 Spanish teams last year.

Anyway, does anyone actually watch Bundesliga. That league seems to be an absolute joke. Football's version of Manolo Saiz managing a team where the substitutes are worth more than anyone else in the league.

Re:

The Hitch said:
Anyway, does anyone actually watch Bundesliga. That league seems to be an absolute joke. Football's version of Manolo Saiz managing a team where the substitutes are worth more than anyone else in the league.

I guess you are referring to Bayern? Besides that:
The Bundesliga, as a whole, is an extremly close and very very tough contest. Very far from a joke really. There's a reason why Dortmung were at the very bottom of the league after half of the season. That's a team that won their CL-group while being in the relegation zone of the Bundesliga, and reached the quater final. But than again, I don't exactly know what you are actually talking about. ;)

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site