• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Real Football Thread

Page 75 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ebandit said:
the filthy rotten mackems are going down

Mark L

Loooks like Poyet is carrying on from where DiCanio left off, though he will never achieve what the man on the left did

1985.jpg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Just got back from Marseille - Dortmund at Stade Vélodrome. They are completely renovating it for the Euro 2016. It looks like a different stadium now! Still the same ambiance though.

I had a much better experience this time than the first time I went. Had great seats, pretty high up so it wasn't close to the action but you saw the whole field and everything that was going on.

The game itself was odd and Dortmund didn't play very well... they are lucky they made it, a Marseille player got kicked off early on for questionable reasons and still it took them till almost the last minute to score. Respect for Marseille, who fought with 10 players and defended their honour, when there was nothing to be gained for them

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Some interesting games in CL coming up! What do y'all think?

ManCity - Barcelona
Leverkusen - Paris St. Germain
AC Milan - Atlético Madrid
Arsenal - Bayern
St. Petersburg - Dortmund
Olympiakos - ManU
Galatasaray - Chelsea
Schalke - Real

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Christian said:
Some interesting games in CL coming up! What do y'all think?

ManCity - Barcelona
Leverkusen - Paris St. Germain
AC Milan - Atlético Madrid
Arsenal - Bayern
St. Petersburg - Dortmund
Olympiakos - ManU
Galatasaray - Chelsea
Schalke - Real

I think City will beat Barca but the rest I don't think we will see anything go against the majority consensus. PSG, Atletico, Bayern, Dortmund, United, Chelsea and Real to progress. City are hitting form now at the right time and they were very impressive away to Bayern and Arsenal in their last 2 games. Fernandinho has settled down after a slow start and Negredo and Aguero have a great understanding between them. Nasri has been rejuvenated. They will take some beating and Barca just don't have the same intensity in their game from previous years. They drop off a lot deeper in their defending under Martino and I find teams play it through them a lot easier now as a result. The Bilbao game and even at times Villareal at the weekend showed this.

BTW great game tonight between Chelsea and Sunderland. In extra time there was only winner they way the game was doing. Giaccherini, Catermole and Brown were excellent.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Cyivel said:
AVB binned, not surprising after yesterday.

Sherwood is highly rated inside the club at Spurs. I don't think it's out of the question that he could get it on a permanent basis if results are successful. Redknapp brought him into the club but he was still retained when he went. Levy is meant to be a huge admirer of his.

gooner said:
Sherwood is highly rated inside the club at Spurs. I don't think it's out of the question that he could get it on a permanent basis if results are successful. Redknapp brought him into the club but he was still retained when he went. Levy is meant to be a huge admirer of his.

It is emerging than AVB did not want 4 of the 7 players purchased in the summer including the most expensive, Erik Lamela who cost 30 million pounds

Apparently AVB is the first manager since the inception of the PL to be sacked with a team above Man U in the league.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
l.Harm said:
Apparently Frank de Boer is high on their list? He said before he wants to stay for years at Ajax, so I don't expect him to accept their offer.

I just hope Bergkamp wouldn't go along with him if he does accept it.

del1962 said:
It is emerging than AVB did not want 4 of the 7 players purchased in the summer including the most expensive, Erik Lamela who cost 30 million pounds

Apparently AVB is the first manager since the inception of the PL to be sacked with a team above Man U in the league.

Lamela was the obvious one from the start with Baldini and his time at Roma. AVB also had a fallen out with Steffen Freund back in August after losing to Arsenal. Levy wanted him as AVB's assistant. Yet AVB is ditched and the likes of Baldini and Levy carry on with no accountability.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The worst kept secret - winter World Cup confirmed. I was reading recently it could affect the Premier League calendar over 3 seasons.

Ridiculous how they won the bid in the first place even with FIFA having a report in front of them warning of this possibility before the host was to be announced.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Stoke 3 - 5 Liverpool

Great game. Makes you forget many other crap matches.
Too bad Liverpool got a diver goal at a critical point, otherwise everything would have been perfect.

Yeah, a great game. Wilson made two terrible mistakes. I must say that was Charlie Adam's best game I've seen him play since his Blackpool days.

I just watched Sassuolo v Milan(4-3) and Domenico Berardi, 19 years old got 4 goals. Looks an impressive player. Juve bought him last summer from Sassuolo and loaned him back for the season. He now has 11 goals in 14 games.

One to watch.

Latest posts