• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Real Football Thread

Page 163 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So Netherlands and French Leaugues are pretty much cancelled.

I am not sure if any leagues will be completed, the effect of Coronavirus looks like it will effect next years european competitions as qualification can start early

Because National Leagues (thats fifth tier and below are cancelled) then those above in England should be, one of the football govening bodies mantras is the game is the same at all levels, a shame for Liverpool but that is sometimes how it is

When it looked like nothing could stop Liverpool.

The German Bundesliga might go ahead. But I'm not a huge fan of my home league, so I don't care that much.

Don't think so. Not even sure that many German fans will be keen to watch it. Top football matches requires a live audience. It's half the deal.
I record both the Bundesliga and English Premier matches for my dad because he likes to watch, caught a glimpse of yesterday's Bundesliga. For those who had watched the more recent summer Olympics it was a familiar sight - what with a huge stadium and no audience and all. :tearsofjoy:

Great. So they could have had Pocchettino and they bring in Koeman because they are arrogantly keeping on with their DNA stuff. I wish Koeman the best, but ***, this club deserves to drown. I'm only sorry for all that talent wasted.
Pochettino has a stained past as player of local rival RCD Espanyol. Koeman scored the goal that won them their first Champions League. They're so self-centered in their identity that they've chosen to pay the Dutch Federation 4.5M€.

Reactions: BlueRoads
So Maradona died today.
The entire 86 World Cup would have to be one of the absolute best solo performances in sport. He pretty much won the whole thing himself.

Here in Australia at least, everyone wants to focus on the "hand of God" goal without any mention of Maradona scoring one of the greatest goals in the history of the sport in the same match.

The greatest ever (after Pele of course) along with Puskas, and Cruyff IMO.

Never thought that I'd mourn the loss of a sports icon... First time I've seen him was in 82, when he played in my country and I was an avid soccer fan. Talent, passion and that will, especially against all odds, when all is against you is what I'll remember from him...

eca90e85-7d89-4376-a6cc-56761618ead7.jpg

Btw, he got the popular vote (lol) as the best player of the century (I think) , yet FIFA managed to screw him :p

Thats not it, not to derail the thread but its down to where to draw the lines, one draw them at the arm pit, an other one draw the lines at the shoulder, which the first one omit.
Different rules to different judges lead to confusion why one call was made and the other not.
I think the whole line-drawing thing to determine if someone is offside is ridiculous anyway. They should just freeze the image, ref takes one look at it, and if its clear offside it's offside, and if it isn't, play continues.