The Real Football Thread

Page 165 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
dungan123 said:
Real football? Dont they hold the ball with their hands for most of the game?
No, you are talking about the sport better known as "handeggwrestle". Where guys wrestle while holding a large egg with their hands. Football is the sport where you kick a ball with your foot.
Uuh, you do realise you're replying to a post of 8 years ago?
:lol: and someone who hasn’t posted in the 8 years since. I stupidly scrolled the last 2 pages as I didn’t recognise the poster and couldn’t remember reading that recently.

Red Rick said:
dungan123 said:
No, you are talking about the sport better known as "handeggwrestle". Where guys wrestle while holding a large egg with their hands. Football is the sport where you kick a ball with your foot.
I did. But it was a statement that had to be made regardless of who and when triggered it.

Red Rick said:
dungan123 said:
I did. But it was a statement that had to be made regardless of who and when triggered it.
No, it wasn't.

City looked good today but drew, Liverpool looked less good but won. Brighton look much improved while Norwich look more than good enough to stay up (unlike Newcastle). Pukki is a real goalscorer.

I've watched the last couple of Everton matches because I'm interested in Moise Kean, and have to say they are one of the dullest sides out there. Can't create anything, partly because Sigurdsson is mostly invisible.

If they can't create anything it's not good for Kean, from what I've seen last year he's not someone technically gifted that can create himself chances and he's error prone when he tries to score from farther than the penalty spot and from a side angle, basically he needs to be launched in a counterattack where he can use his speed or served deep in the box where he can use his goal scoring instinct close to the goal to be effective.

IMHO he could have done very well at Juventus in case Sarri would have been able to apply a play style like in Napoli with dozens of chances creates but looks like Sarri wants only technical players and also other players that are more phisically than technically gifted like Matuidi and Mandzukič are on the way out or risk to be left out of the lists for the entire season.

Yes, he can beat defenders but using the speed not technical skills, i checked his stats in last year's Serie A and confirm the impression i had watching, only 0.7 dribbles per game, 6.5 passes, 0.4 key passes, zero cross, zero through ball, zero assists, he did almost nothing except scoring. Potentially he could become a very good striker because he has the goalscoring instinct but he really needs to be assisted to score.

That's because he was playing 15/20 minutes in most those matches. Already for Everton he has quite a few dribbles in the space of forty minutes of play, and at Hellas he was averaging 1.5 dribbles a game despite playing half of them as a sub. I think you're doing him a big disservice - for sure, he hasn't really shown any thing to be an assistman yet, but he is certainly technically skilled

I think only in Italy can happen something like that, probably you have read that Lukaku was given the "welcome to Italy" with a load of racists buuu and people screaming like monkeys in Cagliari but the people from the procura federale that have to watch and report what happen during matches said that nothing happened and only because there are clear videos the persecutor asked for a "supplemento d'indagine" that usually leads to nothing. And that despite Cagliari is probably the worst stadium in Serie A when comes to racism and almost every match happen the same.
But the most incredible thing is that Inter fans instead standing by Lukaku side yesterday issued a statement defending Cagliari fans and saying that racially abusing a black player should be a right of the tifosi because in a stadium is only "tifo contro" and instead of complaining black players should be honoured of that because means they are feared on the pitch.

Horrible match from Milan. The first half was OK, Inter obviously superior but there were some chances but the second miserable (for the fourth match running). I'm willing to give Giampaolo time but Milan look worse now than in pre season, no shape, no ideas and no confidence. Needs to buck up his ideas, fast, work out the best formation/starting xi and start playing some of the talented youngsters: no more biglia I pray, he's clearly worse than bennacer in every department. The team currently is playing at a lower midtable or even relegation standard (least shots on target per match of any team) but clearly has the squad to be top 6. With Fonseca looking good at Roma, despite a genuinely poor defence, top 4 looks to be extremely difficult again.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts