• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 570 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
Remco's engine works very well, he just needs to drop some load.

Reminded me of Itzulia last year. Struggling only on the very steep sections. Precisely what a few kgs xtra would do. Then Vuelta he crushes all GCers on that very steep finish (stage 8 or 9?).

Then again I hear todays climb was a record. If so that would put Remco’s perf with xtra kgs in a different perspective.

Reminded me of Itzulia last year. Struggling only on the very steep sections. Precisely what a few kgs xtra would do. Then Vuelta he crushes all GCers on that very steep finish (stage 8 or 9?).

Then again I hear todays climb was a record. If so that would put Remco’s perf with xtra kgs in a different perspective.

Do you really believe Remco is 3kg plus too heavy? I mean Giro is in 3 months and losing 3kg in that time seems a lot without a stress on the body.

Do you really believe Remco is 3kg plus too heavy? I mean Giro is in 3 months and losing 3kg in that time seems a lot without a stress on the body.

He can still be 1 kg above his target weight at the start of the Giro and hit his peak form in the second half of the race. Losing 2 kg in 2 and half months is nothing considering enormous energy expense during training camps and races.

Last edited:
Reactions: LookProGoSlow
He won the biggest race (in middle east)

Fp5sOsRWAAEKnxk

specifically has not gone to altitude yet. yates has.

remco expects a big bump when he does.

despite delaying specific prep to later, remco still went faster than any other rider but yates (obviously) and pog two years ago. he beat pog's time from last year (despite pog targeting UAE).

i would say things are on track. remco says he was surprised.

Reactions: gregrowlerson