• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 571 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters

Remco sounds supremely confident regarding the Giro. Like he knows it will be an utter slaughter
He's right where he should be on form. That means training is progressively improving and hopefully will be on form at the Giro.
You're using an adjective and a conclusion that a mature Remco would never utter. The conclusion is something no GT rider would convince themselves of, either. Too much can happen in 3 weeks.

Reactions: Big Doopie
The only question is, could Remco have beaten Vingegaard this week in Gran Camino?

Sure he could. But he will not be in any close distance in either the Giro or TdF.

I am amazed how many believe his Vuelta victory suddenly turned him into a legit GT contender. Ever wondered if the Vuelta 22 was a weak edition?

Remco is off the charts but he is no legit gt rider.

Make me eat my hat, please.

Sure he could. But he will not be in any close distance in either the Giro or TdF.

I am amazed how many believe his Vuelta victory suddenly turned him into a legit GT contender. Ever wondered if the Vuelta 22 was a weak edition?

Actually let me put into more perspective.

Between the crashing and covid in Vuelta22 he got lucky. Strong performance. But also lucky.

• Haha
Reactions: Big Doopie

Remco not a legit GT rider...

Can you please pass whatever it is you're smoking

• Haha
Reactions: Boes and Big Doopie
Nowhere in Sanremo, Trentino and Liège. The MTF was cancelled in Tirreno, so difficult to gauge his form there.

Because of the bad weather, which was the year when the moto-cam stopped working on the MTF? There was just one camera by the finish working in the end and then Nibali appeared out of the fog/clouds after a pretty long time. Missed all the action and just had to wait.

Must have been 2012 to Prato Di Tivo, right? Or am I confusing it with another race? Good times, either way.

Last edited: