• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders The Remco Evenepoel is the next Eddy Merckx thread

Page 919 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should we change the thread title?

• Total voters
That's because they didn't have a test for EPO and the limit was set to prevent heart attack, when they knew an illicit substance was causing the danger. Setting a limit on body fat seems like replacing a physiological constraint, as going too low will have an adverse effect on the body anyway and hence drop performance. So riders, unless ill-advised or stupid, won't go too low. At any rate, telling people how much body fat they can ride with, just seems like going against a main performance criteria of the sport. And for this reason, I don't see it ever happening.
Conveniently ignoring the bio passport here, which was implemented because everyone knows that it's easy to dodge the EPO tests.

The UCI also hands out health breaks for cortisol levels. Health break for low BF% is the same principle.

This is peak Remco weight, no one can tell me it's not

KttOAgs.jpeg

Its hilarious how Remco haters put in question the simple fact that he already won a Grand Tour.

Sure, Remco didn't beat Pogačar or Vingegård and Roglič crashed out while he was significantly behind Remco but that same season Hindley also won a GT without beating any of the top GT riders and I don't see people questioning his Giro win. As I don't see people questioning Roglič Vuelta 2020 win despite having been a 18 day GT won on bonus seconds.

A GT win is a GT win period.

Its hilarious how Remco haters put in question the simple fact that he already won a Grand Tour.

Sure, Remco didn't beat Pogačar or Vingegård and Roglič crashed out while he was significantly behind Remco but that same season Hindley also won a GT without beating any of the top GT riders and I don't see people questioning his Giro win. As I don't see people questioning Roglič Vuelta 2020 win despite having been a 18 day GT won on bonus seconds.

A GT win is a GT win period.

classic Remco Derangement Syndrome

Conveniently ignoring the bio passport here, which was implemented because everyone knows that it's easy to dodge the EPO tests.

The UCI also hands out health breaks for cortisol levels. Health break for low BF% is the same principle.
Ok, but what's the biopassport got to do with fat percentage? How can you put a minimum limit and not basically stop performance science from seeking optimal ratios between power per kilos? It's just too fundamental to the sport, in my opinion. At any rate, it will never happen unless a bunch of pros die from starvation.

Reactions: Sandisfan