• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"The stars of the Tour 2008 must tremble"

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Dekker_Tifosi said:
No not all. What's wrong with suspecting Evans? He has been known to work with Ferrari in the past. Maybe you don't like that I suspect your little hero?

I can't stand Evans. My point is that on this thread, you seem to keep throwing barbs at people, and it is a bit annoying.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Frosty said:
Yes, but that doesnt mean they test them on every sample does it?:)

Won't they have the usual something like the top 3 for the stage and the GC men or something like that? I hope it's not just a PR stunt.

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
sastre: yes (can people please stop thinking the mr. clean tag means he's got a rep among pros as a non-doper?)

menchov: yes (not a shadow of a doubt)

evans:yes (i hope not, my favourite rider he is, he makes me laugh from time to time cadel)

vdv: yes

kirchen: yes

astarloza: yes

schumacher: yes (although it would be funny if he wasn't)

fschleck: yes (fuentes ...)

ashleck: yes (fuentes client's brother)

nibali: yes

well that's what i think is/was the reality of the 2008 tour :(

don't think any of them will be busted though. well except schumacher :rolleyes: :mad:

Frosty said:
Ive heard before that it is due to the labs being busy with various other tests. Not sure how true this is but it sounds plausible

It does not sound that plausible to me unless the amount of testing varies a lot between cycling's season and off season. The volume of work would have to vary enough that it does not make sense to hire more people.

workingclasshero said:
sastre: yes (can people please stop thinking the mr. clean tag means he's got a rep among pros as a non-doper?)

menchov: yes (not a shadow of a doubt)

evans:yes (i hope not, my favourite rider he is, he makes me laugh from time to time cadel)

vdv: yes

kirchen: yes

astarloza: yes

schumacher: yes (although it would be funny if he wasn't)

fschleck: yes (fuentes ...)

ashleck: yes (fuentes client's brother)

nibali: yes

well that's what i think is/was the reality of the 2008 tour :(

don't think any of them will be busted though. well except schumacher :rolleyes: :mad:

+1 to all that except the "only Schumacher" part.

I cannot imagine that large numbers of riders will be busted. I think Valverde goes down because he has become a thorn in the sport's side and this would be a convenient way of getting rid of him.

Thoughtforfood said:
I can't stand Evans. My point is that on this thread, you seem to keep throwing barbs at people, and it is a bit annoying.
So you can't stand that somebody is going against the stream of what others think.

Good for you. Newsflash, not everybody thinks the same. Neither would that be healthy.

We would not even need a discussion forum when we all agree. So unless you have something on topic to report, please refrain from such useless comments in the future :)

Kthxbai!

BroDeal said:
It does not sound that plausible to me unless the amount of testing varies a lot between cycling's season and off season. The volume of work would have to vary enough that it does not make sense to hire more people.

Maybe, but then some people have been busted this year for tests that were taken quite a while, in some cases months, beforehand. Then again it is three months since the tests were announced at the start of the tour.:) Be interesting to see what results come back.

Frosty said:
Maybe, but then some people have been busted this year for tests that were taken quite a while, in some cases months, beforehand. Then again it is three months since the tests were announced at the start of the tour.:) Be interesting to see what results come back.

It is interesting that now that there is a large volume of testing, the results are delayed by months. A few years back when there was much less testing, the results were also delayed by months. And a few years before that when there was still less testing the delays were months. There has to be something other than problems with workload at the labs.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
It is interesting that now that there is a large volume of testing, the results are delayed by months. A few years back when there was much less testing, the results were also delayed by months. And a few years before that when there was still less testing the delays were months. There has to be something other than problems with workload at the labs.
so what's that something other in your opinion?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
According to austrian newspaper Kurier's interview with Bordry:

- 40 riders in the 2008 Tour have blood values indicative of possible manipulation
- 15 of those were chosen for re-testing with the new EPO test as they are considered likely to be flagged positive
- the results are expected to be available within two weeks maximum

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
No not all. What's wrong with suspecting Evans? He has been known to work with Ferrari in the past. Maybe you don't like that I suspect your little hero?

Not exactly. Evans did not work with Ferrari. That was nothing more then a rumor that had no basis in fact.

Dekker on the other had did work with both Ferrari and Checcini.

issoisso said:
According to austrian newspaper Kurier's interview with Bordry:

- 40 riders in the 2008 Tour have blood values indicative of possible manipulation
- 15 of those were chosen for re-testing with the new EPO test as they are considered likely to be flagged positive
- the results are expected to be available within two weeks maximum

40! Uh-oh. There goes the idea that things recently got so much better that a clean rider does not need to dope to get top GC results.

Of course if most of the riders were using transfusions instead of EPO then we won't get many positives.

A

Anonymous

Dekker_Tifosi said:
So you can't stand that somebody is going against the stream of what others think.

Good for you. Newsflash, not everybody thinks the same. Neither would that be healthy.

We would not even need a discussion forum when we all agree. So unless you have something on topic to report, please refrain from such useless comments in the future :)

Kthxbai!

I literally have no idea what you are ranting about now. Again, it is your posts where you show your adeptness at being an *** to wit I refer. You just added to the pile. Dang.

And please note that your "Irony" button is on the fritz considering the amount of on topic discussion in that particular post. Dang x 2

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:

to be honest i hope evans is clean...

the thought that somebody could dope and still finish second repeatedly (with obvious exception) just smacks of poor doping practices.. at least if youre gonna dope.. do it properly...