• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Tour de Suisse 2013 official thread.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
Team Sky is going be led at Tour de Suiise by ...

Joe Dombrowski!!! That's according to the prov startlist. Best climber in the team.

Oh,thats surely interesting.He has to perform,Aru looks superior to him this year,but Joe havent had a chance so far.Looking forward to this race;)

Gloin22 said:
Team Sky is going be led at Tour de Suiise by ...

Joe Dombrowski!!! That's according to the prov startlist. Best climber in the team.
Well for some reason Sky has never cared about Tour de Suisse. Don't think they've ever placed a rider in the top 10 overall, or even won a stage.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Oh,thats surely interesting.He has to perform,Aru looks superior to him this year,but Joe havent had a chance so far.Looking forward to this race;)

It is indeed!

Although I'd say as always with Sky. First year for Sky neo pros, they don't have priority of getting any results, just learn. It's the 2nd year they actually have to show something to earn them new contract with the team.

However I do expect nice showing by him hopefully :) ( although he is targeting USA Pro Cycling Challenge as season goal I think )

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Hey Jason Mercier, great way to open the thread, I really liked the pictures of the contenders and the quotes from well-known forumites. Other stage or race thread openers should adopt this practice!!

can someone tell me why Switzerland never had a proper 3 week GT ? Its not like they don't have the mountains to create exciting summit finishes ? To me the Swiss Alps never seem to get much recognition ? I rarely hear about riders training there as well ? Its always spain, italy and france. Any idea why Switzerland and the alps are often overlooked ?

masking_agent said:
can someone tell me why Switzerland never had a proper 3 week GT ? Its not like they don't have the mountains to create exciting summit finishes ? To me the Swiss Alps never seem to get much recognition ? I rarely hear about riders training there as well ? Its always spain, italy and france. Any idea why Switzerland and the alps are often overlooked ?

in italy for 30 yrs under the borgias. there was warfare,terror,bloodshed murder
but it produced michaelangelo,da vinci and the renaisance
in switzerland they had brotherly love and 500 yrs of democracy and peace
and what did that produce?
the cuckoo clock

The Third man

:D

masking_agent said:

wut?st moritz that's where all the riders train and shop

May 16, 2012
Visit site
masking_agent said:

It is not for everyone to just make a three week GT. But it should have been considered more prestigious you could argue? Is it the lack of a cycling history and culture maybe?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Zam_Olyas said:
in italy for 30 yrs under the borgias. there was warfare,terror,bloodshed murder
but it produced michaelangelo,da vinci and the renaisance
in switzerland they had brotherly love and 500 yrs of democracy and peace
and what did that produce?
the cuckoo clock

:D

Holy ****:D:D,but you're right ;)
btw.love this guy(bolded)

masking_agent said:

Country is too small for a 3 week gt imo.

masking_agent said:

well, lets see if the Swiss can come up with 9 exciting stages before we give them the 21 day challenge.

No reason why this man can't take the overall win in the Swiss Alps:

250-PIC353395318.jpg

The Sagan/Demare/Gallopin/Boonen/Farrar/Goss/Haussler/Degenkolb battle could be pretty good as well.

TRENDING THREADS