• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The worst of race profiles

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
PROFIL.png

Another shocker from Paris Nice, this time in 2013. A mostly flat course with a few false flat sections. Must be some tricky false flats for them to be classed as a cat. 1 climb.

Re:

Netserk said:
velowire images resists deeplinking, so it's better to find a different host for the same image ;)
15gllY7.png
I think i mixed the preview (which showed the profile without problems) wit hthe submited post... thx for correcting the mistake. And i still need to post my Vuelta stage. Wonder, how many mistakes will be there.

Ah yes, I posted a few of the 2007 Vuelta profiles a while back on here, they had that same problem of stretching out the climbs because they were the important part of the stage, but at the expense of making the actual difficulty of the stages unreadable. They did introduce the 2008 parcours with the same profile styles, hence the image you have there, but luckily before the actual race they updated the profile to the type used until 2015, so we got a more realistic and readable profile:

vueltast13profile.gif

TRENDING THREADS