The Yates (AKA the TUE Brothers)

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
A Yates thread and yet some always want to drag Sky into it.

Look at who runs Yates team. Doping is in their blood.
 
Re: Re:

It's been low key because SKY is a no factor at all since neither the Magic Kenyan, nor G are "smashing it"-but what seems to be clinic material is the fact that "Another British" is about to win a Grand Tour this, completing the Trifecta. What is really going on in the UK nowadays in Pro-cycling in order to produce "grand Tour winners" in such short period of time?
If Simon pulls the Vuelta off, it will be the least suspicious IMO. It's almost as if G, Froome, and the Yateses (well, until Adam had his meltdown in the Giro) are head-and-shoulders above the rest of the peleton and holding something back. This year Froome clearly gave away the Tour to G.

Could British Cycling now be assisting non-Sky British riders with their expert medical staff, or whatever it might be?
 
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
brownbobby said:
JosephK said:
Rollthedice said:
Asthma rides again. This time the program was fine tuned.
I, too, am inclined to look at today's ride by Simon with a skeptical eye. But maybe it's a tad more believable than a couple of the ET rides we've seen in other grand tours this year.
In the grand scheme of things (ie pro cycling) there was nothing extraordinary about that performance....a pure climber putting a minute into a clearly weak (As grand tours go) or out of form chasing pack, mostly matched by Pinot and SK.

In every race there has to be a winner, it's just a shame that in cycling suspicion automatically attaches itself to every winner. How sad :(
Suspicion? WTF???

Simon Yates in April 2016 tested positive for the banned substance terbutaline in an in-competition test during Paris–Nice.

Yes, a shame and the rest are out of form! Another joke. Of course they are out of form becuase no one cares about winning a Grand Tour in Spain. FFS!!!!


Porte. Nibali. Aru. Quintana. They look on good form to you?
 
Re: Re:

JosephK said:
hfer07 said:
rick james said:
Must say, the clinic have been really low key for this Vuelta...almost like some are only obsessed with a Kenyan that isn't riding this years race..

still well done Yates, being the best of the peloton thats "still doped to its gills"


those climbing times...all the proof that's needed
It's been low key because SKY is a no factor at all since neither the Magic Kenyan, nor G are "smashing it"-but what seems to be clinic material is the fact that "Another British" is about to win a Grand Tour this, completing the Trifecta. What is really going on in the UK nowadays in Pro-cycling in order to produce "grand Tour winners" in such short period of time?
I think this is a very good point & question. And I also have to remind myself that Simon Yates was demolishing the Giro field -- which included the Magic Kenyan and Tom DuMoulin -- right up to his out-of-the-blue late 3rd week cracking. I have never seen a grand tour rider be so dominant for 2 1/2 weeks and then just disappear like that.
Yates just went too deep getting a time gap for the TT, flashing around his incredible form at every opportunity. Had Yates ridden a more measured race he would have finished top 3 minimum, he just needed to pick his stages and moments better.
 
Sep 20, 2011
1,651
0
0
Re: Re:

hfer07 said:
rick james said:
Must say, the clinic have been really low key for this Vuelta...almost like some are only obsessed with a Kenyan that isn't riding this years race..

still well done Yates, being the best of the peloton thats "still doped to its gills"


those climbing times...all the proof that's needed
It's been low key because SKY is a no factor at all since neither the Magic Kenyan, nor G are "smashing it"-but what seems to be clinic material is the fact that "Another British" is about to win a Grand Tour this, completing the Trifecta. What is really going on in the UK nowadays in Pro-cycling in order to produce "grand Tour winners" in such short period of time?
It’s no coincedence that both the international cycling and track and field associations are, or were, being led by Brits during the time their performances in all those disciplines skyrocketed to the point their opponents literally had to laugh about how otherworldly they were.

When it comes to doping, Russia is the international sports community favourite scapegoat, but it’s the British I trust the least. London was a far bigger joke than Sochi as well.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Re: Re:

brownbobby said:
Benotti69 said:
brownbobby said:
JosephK said:
Rollthedice said:
Asthma rides again. This time the program was fine tuned.
I, too, am inclined to look at today's ride by Simon with a skeptical eye. But maybe it's a tad more believable than a couple of the ET rides we've seen in other grand tours this year.
In the grand scheme of things (ie pro cycling) there was nothing extraordinary about that performance....a pure climber putting a minute into a clearly weak (As grand tours go) or out of form chasing pack, mostly matched by Pinot and SK.

In every race there has to be a winner, it's just a shame that in cycling suspicion automatically attaches itself to every winner. How sad :(
Suspicion? WTF???

Simon Yates in April 2016 tested positive for the banned substance terbutaline in an in-competition test during Paris–Nice.

Yes, a shame and the rest are out of form! Another joke. Of course they are out of form becuase no one cares about winning a Grand Tour in Spain. FFS!!!!


Porte. Nibali. Aru. Quintana. They look on good form to you?
Valverde, Mas, Kruisjik, Lopez all look out of form to you?

Cherry picking.

Tsk tsk.
 
Re: Re:

Yes, a shame and the rest are out of form! Another joke. Of course they are out of form becuase no one cares about winning a Grand Tour in Spain. FFS!!!![/quote]

Porte. Nibali. Aru. Quintana. They look on good form to you?[/quote]

Valverde, Mas, Kruisjik, Lopez all look out of form to you?

Cherry picking.

Tsk tsk.[/quote]

Valverde, looked great, every bit as strong as Yates until his usual problems above 2000m

Mas, Lopez....very good young riders, might win a GC one day, couple of years behind Yates in terms of development still but finished within 2 minutes of him over 3 weeks.

Kruiswijk, strong rider, looked good at times, heavy 3 week TDF in his legs

So I stand by my view, every race has to have a winner. Nothing extra terrestrial about Yates manner of victory in this GT
 
I think he's a lot more believable than Froome and Thomas - there's been no donkey to racehorse (or 6ft cobbles rider to best climber in the world) transformation, instead there was early success (mountain stage in the Tour de l'Avenir age 19 and another two age 21), gradual, incremental improvements in major stage races from 2011 to the present day, and TT performances that are at least believable for a climber.

He's probably not clean but he's not rubbing our noses in it either.
 
Re:

veganrob said:
Of course. Always an easy explanation when a Brit wins. Never dope or anything untoward.
Did I say he wasn't doping? In a sport where most presume doping is the norm, you've got to do more than Yates did in this Vuelta to earn the tag extra terrestrial
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Re: Re:

brownbobby said:
Valverde, looked great, every bit as strong as Yates until his usual problems above 2000m

Mas, Lopez....very good young riders, might win a GC one day, couple of years behind Yates in terms of development still but finished within 2 minutes of him over 3 weeks.

Kruiswijk, strong rider, looked good at times, heavy 3 week TDF in his legs

So I stand by my view, every race has to have a winner. Nothing extra terrestrial about Yates manner of victory in this GT
I would agree with you if it was down to form. but it isn't, it is down to the PED program. Yates didn't need to be extra terrestrial compared to others. But it was an impressive victory as it was ridden fast.
 
Re: Re:

brownbobby said:
veganrob said:
Of course. Always an easy explanation when a Brit wins. Never dope or anything untoward.
Did I say he wasn't doping? In a sport where most presume doping is the norm, you've got to do more than Yates did in this Vuelta to earn the tag extra terrestrial
Who said he was extra terrestrial? Why are you always moving the goal posts or avoiding to answer simple questions.
 
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
brownbobby said:
Valverde, looked great, every bit as strong as Yates until his usual problems above 2000m

Mas, Lopez....very good young riders, might win a GC one day, couple of years behind Yates in terms of development still but finished within 2 minutes of him over 3 weeks.

Kruiswijk, strong rider, looked good at times, heavy 3 week TDF in his legs

So I stand by my view, every race has to have a winner. Nothing extra terrestrial about Yates manner of victory in this GT
I would agree with you if it was down to form. but it isn't, it is down to the PED program. Yates didn't need to be extra terrestrial compared to others. But it was an impressive victory as it was ridden fast.

Except Valverde said today it wasn't the altitude. He said he was empty and had nothing more to give. So I'd say his form is still off. Yates looked on form.
 
Re:

vedrafjord said:
I think he's a lot more believable than Froome and Thomas - there's been no donkey to racehorse (or 6ft cobbles rider to best climber in the world) transformation, instead there was early success (mountain stage in the Tour de l'Avenir age 19 and another two age 21), gradual, incremental improvements in major stage races from 2011 to the present day, and TT performances that are at least believable for a climber.

He's probably not clean but he's not rubbing our noses in it either.

Agree with this.

The most unbelievable performance by Yates so far was the first Giro (short) TT. That was really surprising.

Everything else fits pretty coherently into his development narrative. But, still plenty of good reasons to be suss....
 
Re: Re:

veganrob said:
brownbobby said:
veganrob said:
Of course. Always an easy explanation when a Brit wins. Never dope or anything untoward.
Did I say he wasn't doping? In a sport where most presume doping is the norm, you've got to do more than Yates did in this Vuelta to earn the tag extra terrestrial
Who said he was extra terrestrial? Why are you always moving the goal posts or avoiding to answer simple questions.
My first post in this little sub thread was a direct response to a post on Yates stage 19 performance. The OP used the term 'ET'.

Forgive me, I did my best to give my opinion as an answer to the questions posed by Benotti, your post wasn't really a question though was it?

Hope that answers at least those simple questions for you
 
Jul 30, 2009
1,735
0
0
Re:

vedrafjord said:
I think he's a lot more believable than Froome and Thomas - there's been no donkey to racehorse (or 6ft cobbles rider to best climber in the world) transformation, instead there was early success (mountain stage in the Tour de l'Avenir age 19 and another two age 21), gradual, incremental improvements in major stage races from 2011 to the present day, and TT performances that are at least believable for a climber.

He's probably not clean but he's not rubbing our noses in it either.
Yes.

Plus he races with panache and his team don't strangle the life out of it. I expect he will get much less of a hard time than other more er radically transformed riders.

Be interesting to see how Brailsfraud tries to claim credit for it...
 
Well Yates came through and was funded by the BC road academy pretty much the same as Thomas and Rowe etc on the same path designed by Ellingworth and under Brailsfords direction.
He's coached by Chris Newton who Brailsford managed as the BC Men's Endurance Coach and who then went onto being BC Women's Road Coach.
It would be pretty obvious to most that without Manchester Velodrome and Brailsford settinf up the road side in Manchester, Simon Yates would have had to follow the path of his brother.
I would give Chris Newton the credit for what we are seeing with Yates the last few years, but that's built on what Brailsford set up in many ways for Chris Newton to become an BC Accredited Road Coach in the first place.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Re:

samhocking said:
Well Yates came through and was funded by the BC road academy pretty much the same as Thomas and Rowe etc on the same path designed by Ellingworth and under Brailsfords direction.
He's coached by Chris Newton who Brailsford managed as the BC Men's Endurance Coach and who then went onto being BC Women's Road Coach.
It would be pretty obvious to most that without Manchester Velodrome and Brailsford settinf up the road side in Manchester, Simon Yates would have had to follow the path of his brother.
I would give Chris Newton the credit for what we are seeing with Yates the last few years, but that's built on what Brailsford set up in many ways for Chris Newton to become an BC Accredited Road Coach in the first place.
And sacks fulls of PEDs.

Manchester Velodrome, home of HGH.

:lol:
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Re: Re:

Koronin said:
Benotti69 said:
brownbobby said:
Valverde, looked great, every bit as strong as Yates until his usual problems above 2000m

Mas, Lopez....very good young riders, might win a GC one day, couple of years behind Yates in terms of development still but finished within 2 minutes of him over 3 weeks.

Kruiswijk, strong rider, looked good at times, heavy 3 week TDF in his legs

So I stand by my view, every race has to have a winner. Nothing extra terrestrial about Yates manner of victory in this GT
I would agree with you if it was down to form. but it isn't, it is down to the PED program. Yates didn't need to be extra terrestrial compared to others. But it was an impressive victory as it was ridden fast.

Except Valverde said today it wasn't the altitude. He said he was empty and had nothing more to give. So I'd say his form is still off. Yates looked on form.
I would take anything Piti says with a pinch of salt. Maybe the news that WADA are still trying to release the Fuentes names took its toll. Maybe he is too old with his program to match others. Maybe he is not taking the new PEDs like Fignon refused to do. Who knows with cyclists. But form is the last thing i think off in the sport today.
 
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
Koronin said:
Benotti69 said:
brownbobby said:
Valverde, looked great, every bit as strong as Yates until his usual problems above 2000m

Mas, Lopez....very good young riders, might win a GC one day, couple of years behind Yates in terms of development still but finished within 2 minutes of him over 3 weeks.

Kruiswijk, strong rider, looked good at times, heavy 3 week TDF in his legs

So I stand by my view, every race has to have a winner. Nothing extra terrestrial about Yates manner of victory in this GT
I would agree with you if it was down to form. but it isn't, it is down to the PED program. Yates didn't need to be extra terrestrial compared to others. But it was an impressive victory as it was ridden fast.

Except Valverde said today it wasn't the altitude. He said he was empty and had nothing more to give. So I'd say his form is still off. Yates looked on form.
I would take anything Piti says with a pinch of salt. Maybe the news that WADA are still trying to release the Fuentes names took its toll. Maybe he is too old with his program to match others. Maybe he is not taking the new PEDs like Fignon refused to do. Who knows with cyclists. But form is the last thing i think off in the sport today.

He'd been asked something about the thing with Operation Puerto and the Spanish courts releasing the blood bags. His response was, does this mean we can find end this thing and get it over with? They point blank asked him if he was worried. He said, "Why should I be worried, I've already done my time for Operation Puerto there is nothing more they can do to me." Then said there's nothing more to know. Sounds to me like it doesn't concern him what they may release. I doubt that matters to him. Heck when he was in the middle of fighting the UCI and WADA he won a Vuelta.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY