• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Yates (AKA the TUE Brothers)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Irondan said:
Ramon Koran said:
Benotti69 said:
Ramon Koran said:
Again for CSC I'm not sure but going that far back to the dark age of cycling brings up problems of corruption whithin the anti-doping organistaion itself, so can't really use them as examples in the new cycling.

The people who run OricaBikeExchange come from the so called dark days of cycling!
Yes and as I explained maybe like many (Millar, Hamilton, Vaughters...) they have learned from dark past and want to bring cycling forward towards cleanliness. That seems likely to me, who better than an ex doper who knows about the problems it causes to stop youngsters from going down that path?
On the other hand, would you trust an ex doper/drug dealer to mentor your kid? I wouldn't...

Every doper I know is an expert in the art of deception.
People change and learn from there mistakes, I see where your coming from but I know people who have come back from deep due to drugs and know advocate not to do it, no reason why no different in cycling.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
For anyone having doubts about Orica I suggest you watch backsttage pass of today does Yates or his coach look like people at the hart of doping no! I know It might sound ridiculous but I believe I can spot emotions in eyes but in Yates I see merely a happy young man racing at a dream race not a doper.

Re:

Ramon Koran said:
For anyone having doubts about Orica I suggest you watch backsttage pass of today does Yates or his coach look like people at the hart of doping no! I know It might sound ridiculous but I believe I can spot emotions in eyes but in Yates I see merely a happy young man racing at a dream race not a doper.

Then you haven't been watching other cyclists to see the emotion in their eyes. Even discounting the pschopathy that Armstrong needed to show the visceral emotion like he did, watch any stage won, classic or any GT won in the past 30 years, and ypu'll see the same, genuine emotion.

Dopers work hard. They are emotionally invested. They are putting heart into the compeition. They dope too.

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Ramon Koran said:

The BSP that starts with Matt White talking? Matt White? The doper that give the big F U to anti doping and hoodwinked ASADA?

Snakes may shed their skin but they don't change underneath.

Re:

Ramon Koran said:
What a silly thread, suspecting either of these riders of doping is ridiculous. Adam Yates finished second in the tour de l'avenir 2013 behind Ruben Fernandez two years his elder. In his first year as a pro he won the tour of turkey with an impressive solo attack ahead of taaramae, was sixth in the dauphine ahead of high caliber riders like froome or nibali, was in the winning move of san sebastian before crashing. In his second year he was strong in tirreno finishing with alberto on the summit finish, crashed in pais vasco harming his tour preparations, finished in the top 10 on bretagne and psm ahead of some of the best climbers in the world like alberto. Peaked in august winning san sebastian and in the winning move of two in monreal outsprinted by wellens. This year missed out in tirreno due to the summit finish being cancelled and axed his prepation around the tour, was strong in the dauphine finishing third behind froome and porte in the first summit finsh. What's more he went through cc etupes like pinot and bargueil and had numbers comparable to the two riders. Simon has been points world champion and has top 10's in pais vasco, paris nice, dauphine and romandie as well as top 10's in tdf stages. Let's not forget they ride for a team with a frim anti-doping policy run by nice guys with nice riders not people that would dope. If either of these riders dope, there is no hope for cycling as it would mean the entire peleton dopes. END OF STORY. No point in even arguing, this is yet another case of the clinic hitting new lowes and losing credibility, time to shut these threads down before it becomes to late.
Bingo.

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Well saying the 'entire peloton dopes' is ridiculous, it only takes one non-doper to prove that absolute statement wrong. The majority of the peloton would be a more accurate statement.

Nice guys? A doping DS and what's their doctors name again? :lol:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
Ramon Koran said:
Sky and Cannondale is another problem as we don't really know what's going on as for USPS I don't recall them doing this however let's not forget about their tight links with the UCI so it's not really a great example in my opinion.

USPS had Dr Don Caitlin at a press conference, who was going to to test Armstrong everyday....yada yada...

As BYO88 says, talk is cheap.
Riis had Daamsgard, I think he was the first cough cough black lung manchester coal mine industrial revolution independent testing

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I have to say Adam has shown way more potential then Simon from joining OBE, and Simon the banned/not banned brother was originally on Sky's list but they didn't want the Adam.??? But I could have it the wrong way around....

Also just an aside, apart from Simon, there is history for OBE.......There was Daryl Impey who got caught, got temporarily banned.....then cleared....and of course while never banned but admitted that one time (at band camp) he did try the old EPO you have good ol Stuey O, then of course you have a staff that all from the (g)olden days of cycling.....

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site

http://www.greenedgecycling.com/news/-anti-doping-expert-to-review-orica-greenedge-cycling-policies-
What doped team whould allow an anti doping expert to review there policies?[/quote]

Astana 2009.

Lance Armstrong and Don Catlin...ever heard of them?

You're swimming in deep waters here. Best to leave and go back to drinking Evian water. They bottle that in France right? You do know Evian is a play on the word 'naive' right? That's French too right!?!?

Yeah, BlackCat was being mean, but you kind of stepped into the pooh on the ground...just go and watch cycling. Seriously though, this is a win! A Frenchman supporting the English! That's hopeful indeed! Being serious too!!

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Ramon Koran said:

I am glad you can see the light of the heart through the eyes of another person.

Truly, that's great.

But what if the light in their eyes is darkness? Did you consider that?

Oh wait, you did the 'mum test' which comprises of looking at him and seeing if he's legit. Naive and gullible. Also not believable in the Clinic at all. It's actually sad and telling there are people like that...but you're not.

What are you then? BlackCat called it...

And I am off. Thanks for the laugh. But you weren't serious, so no laughs could be had.

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site

Galic Ho said:
Ramon Koran said:

I am glad you can see the light of the heart through the eyes of another person.

Truly, that's great.

But what if the light in their eyes is darkness? Did you consider that?

Oh wait, you did the 'mum test' which comprises of looking at him and seeing if he's legit. Naive and gullible. Also not believable in the Clinic at all. It's actually sad and telling there are people like that...but you're not.

What are you then? BlackCat called it...

And I am off. Thanks for the laugh. But you weren't serious, so no laughs could be had.

It's all about hard facts and evidence.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

msjett said:
I have to say Adam has shown way more potential then Simon from joining OBE, and Simon the banned/not banned brother was originally on Sky's list but they didn't want the Adam.??? But I could have it the wrong way around....

Also just an aside, apart from Simon, there is history for OBE.......There was Daryl Impey who got caught, got temporarily banned.....then cleared....and of course while never banned but admitted that one time (at band camp) he did try the old EPO you have good ol Stuey O, then of course you have a staff that all from the (g)olden days of cycling.....

daryl just drunk from garzelli's bidon. he was slipped a probenicide mickey when all stefano had designs on was roofies and anal fissures.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I think people should stop calling Ramon gullible and naive, with some trying to suggest idiot. Just because he believes OBE are clean, you shouldn't be saying that. He has as much if not more evidence that they are clean, than you have that they are doping. I know it goes against the standard rhetoric of the clinic but still shouldn't be saying that

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

gazr99 said:
I think people should stop calling Ramon gullible and naive, with some trying to suggest idiot. Just because he believes OBE are clean, you shouldn't be saying that. He has as much if not more evidence that they are clean, than you have that they are doping. I know it goes against the standard rhetoric of the clinic but still shouldn't be saying that

I think OGE are clean. I also think OBE, anyone who says otherwise, is an idiot.

Adam Yates may be doping (and probably is), but he's not particularly suspicious by himself. We've argued that talent shows early countless times to tear down Sky, and his surely did. Yes, he hadn't done well in GTs yet, but he's not even 24. It adds up, and would be pretty believable in a cleaner sport.

Re the lads joining Sky in the future.

I'd argue that Adam's inclusion as the only non-Sky rider in the GB Olympic Road team of 5 may point to him being desired / courted by Sky given the close ties / conflict of interest between the two (depending on how you look at it - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics_2016/article-3669913/Steve-Cummings-slams-British-Cycling-calls-coach-Rod-Ellingworth-replaced-left-Rio-Olympics.html).

However if the Sky-BC ties are what they are claimed to be (and given that Ellingworth and Shane Sutton are on the payroll of both) then if I were in the Yates family I'd not be looking at either organisation favourably given that they were alleged to have thrown Simon under the bus as a way of taking the heat off Sutton during that media storm (https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/apr/29/orica-greenedge-british-cycling-leak-simon-yates).

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

gazr99 said:

What evidence is they are clean?

They are at the point end of the peloton?

They race in pro cycling?

Testing is a joke! The UCI president is a joke!

You are trolling!

blackcat said:
Ramon Koran said:
More Strides than Rides said:
No evidence except that one of them was banned for taking Terbutaline... and teammates have tested positive... and DSs have doped as part of program-wide doping... and UKAD has shown incompetence in anti-doping and tolerance for doping... and that Adam is third place in the what is routinely the dirtiest race in the world.

But yeah, I guess. No evidence.
The only evidence there is one of them testing positive however it appears that it was merely a paperwork problem so not evidence of doping as it is used as a TUE's. The rest of what you are saying is not evidence that the Yates doped, you are merely speculating because THESE things hapenned that the Yates bro's doped. And this is why the clinic is losing credibility we need HARD evidence not speculation based on past events about riders that they may or may not frequent regularly.

and their dad sean yates never doped neither

#smear campaign

#paternity

#talentitsintheveins

#Poe's_law

What are you on about? The Yates brothers are not related to Sean Yates..

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

blackcat said:
Hayabusa said:

yes, yes they have a father

#birdsandthebeeds

What is birds and the beeds? Did you mean beads, what children play with and make jewellery out off, or bees, those flying insects that make honey and sting you ;)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

gazr99 said:
blackcat said:
Hayabusa said:

#birdsandthebeeds

What is birds and the beeds? Did you mean beads, what children play with and make jewellery out off, or bees, those flying insects that make honey and sting you ;)
'
patriarchy
dominant gene down the paternal line.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re:

hrotha said:
Adam Yates may be doping (and probably is), but he's not particularly suspicious by himself. We've argued that talent shows early countless times to tear down Sky, and his surely did. Yes, he hadn't done well in GTs yet, but he's not even 24. It adds up, and would be pretty believable in a cleaner sport.

And it's not like he's been catching the motorbikes. He's been sticking with the group of favourites on the climbs, but he's been riding very defensively and towards the back of the pack - and the real climbing's still to come.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

blackcat said:
gazr99 said:
blackcat said:
Hayabusa said:

#birdsandthebeeds

'
patriarchy
dominant gene down the paternal line.

Still not birds and the beeds

TRENDING THREADS