• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Yates (AKA the TUE Brothers)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

hrotha said:
Adam Yates may be doping (and probably is), but he's not particularly suspicious by himself. We've argued that talent shows early countless times to tear down Sky, and his surely did. Yes, he hadn't done well in GTs yet, but he's not even 24. It adds up, and would be pretty believable in a cleaner sport.
Agreed, Adam's progression has been absolutely normal for a talented rider. Of course, it's very much open to debate about how much of that talent is natural; I guess the last week of the Tour could provide some more clues.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

simoni said:
and the Yates father is Sean, terrific talent that family. google it for the palmares

There's the Millars too. Us Brits love a good cycling dynasty.

Eventually we'll surpass the Merckxs, Plankaerts, Van Poppels, Van Impes and Roches.

Millars not related either. :)
Anyway, all of those families will soon pale in comparison to the mighty Poel-idor clan.

wrinklyvet said:
simoni said:
Catwhoorg said:
Adam and Simon are not related to Sean Yates.

Say it aint so!

OK. Leave that to me. It aint so (or is so, depending on how you the question).

Their dad's name is John.

Sorry, some ill judged sarcasm from myself perhaps.

Yes, I know about the non-link between Sean Yates and the twins, just as I know that the Millars are completely unrelated.

In spite of it being common knowledge some people seem to be a little forgetful, for reasons I know not...

simoni said:
wrinklyvet said:
simoni said:
Catwhoorg said:
Adam and Simon are not related to Sean Yates.

Say it aint so!

OK. Leave that to me. It aint so (or is so, depending on how you the question).

Their dad's name is John.

Yes, I know about the non-link between Sean Yates and the twins, just as I know that the Millars are completely unrelated.

In spite of it being common knowledge some people seem to be a little forgetful, for reasons I know not...

Yes indeed, either a very subtle reason, or absolutely pointless.

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

Hayabusa said:
blackcat said:
Ramon Koran said:
More Strides than Rides said:
No evidence except that one of them was banned for taking Terbutaline... and teammates have tested positive... and DSs have doped as part of program-wide doping... and UKAD has shown incompetence in anti-doping and tolerance for doping... and that Adam is third place in the what is routinely the dirtiest race in the world.

But yeah, I guess. No evidence.
The only evidence there is one of them testing positive however it appears that it was merely a paperwork problem so not evidence of doping as it is used as a TUE's. The rest of what you are saying is not evidence that the Yates doped, you are merely speculating because THESE things hapenned that the Yates bro's doped. And this is why the clinic is losing credibility we need HARD evidence not speculation based on past events about riders that they may or may not frequent regularly.

and their dad sean yates never doped neither

#smear campaign

#paternity

#talentitsintheveins

#Poe's_law

What are you on about? The Yates brothers are not related to Sean Yates..

Best not to post facts on a forum like this, it causes cognitive dissonance :rolleyes:

simoni said:

I hope you mean David and Robert in this case?

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re:

ontheroad said:
Arguably only Froome and Porte have been better climbers during this race. The next protege for sky I'd say.

except, like the Schlecks and the Sagans, they'll want to stay together

and Sky can't sign bad-boy Simon due to their 'zero tolerance' policy when it comes to doping.

unless they change their policy, of course.

May 26, 2009
Visit site

elduggo said:
ontheroad said:
Arguably only Froome and Porte have been better climbers during this race. The next protege for sky I'd say.

except, like the Schlecks and the Sagans, they'll want to stay together

and Sky can't sign bad-boy Simon due to their 'zero tolerance' policy when it comes to doping.

unless they change their policy, of course.

As I said before, Sky will say it wasn't a doping offence just a clerical error.

hrotha said:
PremierAndrew said:
A Yates never been top 5 in a WT stage race before. Definitely suspicious
Simon was 5th at the Dauphiné last year.

A Yates as in Adam Yates, not one Yates

And even if Simon was in Adam's position, it would still be suspicious. It's just that there are so many riders who are even more suspicious that these guys get swept under the carpet to a large extent

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:
It is ok Simon didn't test positive. Walsh claims it was the doctors mistake.

Yet Orica haven't sacked the Doctor who dropped the ball. Maybe it's just me but if I was an owner/GM of a team and one of the valuable assets was unable to partake in events because of a "mistake" by a member of staff, that staff member would be fired.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

BYOP88 said:
Benotti69 said:
It is ok Simon didn't test positive. Walsh claims it was the doctors mistake.

Yet Orica haven't sacked the Doctor who dropped the ball. Maybe it's just me but if I was an owner/GM of a team and one of the valuable assets was unable to partake in events because of a "mistake" by a member of staff, that staff member would be fired.

Yates bros to Sky soon.

TRENDING THREADS