• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

The Yates (AKA the TUE Brothers)

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
the delgados said:
I'm curious to know the philosophical reasons behind the split between the "Sheriff" Phil Anderson and "Whitey" at Michelton Scott.
Maybe the "Yatesy's" protested an unoriginal nickname. Who knows?!

you mean Neil Stephens?

I think Chaves´ form and 2018 have something to do with it.

Stephens was Chaves´ mentor, and directed him in his major races, they speak in Spanish, he took care of his development.
there must have been some kind of disagreement between the team and Chaves´ side

pastronef said:
the delgados said:
I'm curious to know the philosophical reasons behind the split between the "Sheriff" Phil Anderson and "Whitey" at Michelton Scott.

you mean Neil Stephens?

Stephens was Chaves´ mentor, and directed him in his major races, they speak in Spanish, he took care of his development.
there must have been some kind of disagreement between the team and Chaves´ side

Sorry. Thanks for correcting my mistake.

pastronef said:
the delgados said:

you mean Neil Stephens?

I thought it was something to do with Kant or Locke or a Monty Python reference ...

Robert5091 said:
pastronef said:
the delgados said:

you mean Neil Stephens?

I thought it was something to do with Kant or Locke or a Monty Python reference ...

Oh, look at Mr. Smartypants over here! I Kant unLocke the meaning of your message, dear sir. (I kid)
I was just curious to know the quote philosophical reasoning behind the Sheriff's departure. He himself said it was philosophical.

the delgados said:
Robert5091 said:
pastronef said:
the delgados said:

you mean Neil Stephens?

Oh, look at Mr. Smartypants over here! I Kant unLocke the meaning of your message, dear sir. (I kid)
I was just curious to know the quote philosophical reasoning behind the Sheriff's departure. He himself said it was philosophical.

Neil Stephens departure has nothing to do with Chaves.

yaco said:
the delgados said:
Robert5091 said:
pastronef said:
the delgados said:

you mean Neil Stephens?

or with philosophy I would guess. :)

yaco said:
the delgados said:
Robert5091 said:
pastronef said:
the delgados said:

you mean Neil Stephens?

Certainly, but it may affect their ability to retain him.

Chaves and Stephens are very close.

Re:

zlev11 said:
actually wasn't it Team Sky who wanted Simon but not Adam? I'd have to assume they'd have full insider knowledge as to which one was the better responder.

Wiggo seems to confirm that -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/o...tml?ns_mchannel=rss&ito=1490&ns_campaign=1490

Wiggins told Eurosport's The Bradley Wiggins Show: 'If he'd gone to Sky, I don't think he'd have won the Vuelta.

'It was sliding doors moment, whether his career would have gone down this path. By nature of the fact that Sky wouldn't take Adam as well in one package, he's ended up finding a great team and won a grand tour at 26.'

Scarponi said:
My favorite part is that it’s the one who wasn’t said to be the best stage racer of the two who has come out and destroyed two peletons in two grand tours for 5 and a half weeks
Until this year Adam was the better stage racer. Everything from U23 results onwards showed that until this year’s Giro

Re:

Rollthedice said:
One has asthma and was with British Cycling the other is healthy and wasn't with BC. Which of them is smashing GTs?

With the twins being so similar in stature, looks and natural abilities and flaws, you'd think that by now Mitchelton Scott would have come up with a cunning plan, considering that asthma meds are the difference between smashing GT's and being an also ran (apparently), to get Adam on the same stuff as Simon.

I mean they're so easy to get, these TUE's for asthma meds, you don't actually have to have asthma, right? :confused:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Amazing how kids years ago with asthma sat out the physical education. Now they are destroying healthy athletes over 3 weeks in the hardest events in the world.

All legit of course.

:D

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

rick james said:
I know eh, imagine believing we still live in the 1970s....who knew society and medicine would progress so much

I doubt some sections of society has progressed, i mean imagine beliveing athletes dont dope and tell the truth.

Yet anti-doping is still in the 50s....... :lol:

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
rick james said:
I know eh, imagine believing we still live in the 1970s....who knew society and medicine would progress so much

I doubt some sections of society has progressed, i mean imagine beliveing athletes dont dope and tell the truth.

Yet anti-doping is still in the 50s....... :lol:
antidoping is not in the 50s...nor do we live in the 70s. i could be dreaming but the forum time stamp leads to say this.

to the point. what virtually all doping apologists ignore, willingly or out of ignorance, is that regardless of the calendar date, the sophisticated dopers - which of course is almost always associated with rich teams and riders - have been proven to stay ahead of anti-doping science, shmience...

regardles of the ferking calendar.

but that perhaps too much to expect of the fanboys.

therealthing said:
Did he just win a flat TT?

Well, it had a longish but not steep hill about midway through, and it ended with a ramp up for the final K or so. Bernal was just 15 seconds off the winning time, same as TJVG for comparison. Bob Jungels lost 30+ seconds. Kwiatkowski lost 11 seconds. So, in the end, we have Yates smoking an in-form Kwiatkowski and Jungels on a flatish ITT. Shades of Contador beating Cancellara?

JosephK said:
therealthing said:
Did he just win a flat TT?

Well, it had a longish but not steep hill about midway through, and it ended with a ramp up for the final K or so. Bernal was just 15 seconds off the winning time, same as TJVG for comparison. Bob Jungels lost 30+ seconds. Kwiatkowski lost 11 seconds. So, in the end, we have Yates smoking an in-form Kwiatkowski and Jungels on a flatish ITT. Shades of Contador beating Cancellara?

Wind changed direction, so Yates benefited from that greatly, but nevertheless he raised few eyebrows there...
To me at least equal, if not more suspicious was Bernal's ride. He beat Jungels and LLS comfortably, was equal with TJ and barely lost any time from Kwiatkowski. And all that in almost flat TT!

TRENDING THREADS