• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno-Adriatico 2019, March 13-19

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Climbing said:
Carols said:
It is Really annoying listening to Kirby and the Bias for an Anglo rider. It gets Tiresome :(

I like the other one, is it Rob Hatch or something? Very well informed and quite objective.
And that Scoth technical commentator, very well prepared, is it Brain Smith maybe?

Yes, Brian Smith is the Scottish technical commentator, and I think a great analyst. I also like Rob Hatch for the live commentary. Carlton Kirby can be fun in the right dosage. He really goes nuts for the Brit riders, though. Primoz popped his balloon, today. :lol:

Carols said:
tobydawq said:
Carols said:
How disgusting they try to make him put on a MS Blue jersey! What a Muck Up!

A screw-up sure, but out-right disgusting?

Yeah, why not bring out the blank one first? I find it disgusting to try and make him put on an incorrect team jersey as the GC winner :(. Don't teams pay to see Their Name up there?

Yeah, but of course it was a mistake. What would they gain from giving him the wrong jersey?

And the trident is indeed the best trophy. That's probably why Alaphilippe didn't care much that he didn't win. He already has the devil's trident which he stole in last year's Tour! :D

JosephK said:
Climbing said:
Carols said:
It is Really annoying listening to Kirby and the Bias for an Anglo rider. It gets Tiresome :(

I like the other one, is it Rob Hatch or something? Very well informed and quite objective.
And that Scoth technical commentator, very well prepared, is it Brain Smith maybe?

Yes, Brian Smith is the Scottish technical commentator, and I think a great analyst. I also like Rob Hatch for the live commentary. Carlton Kirby can be fun in the right dosage. He really goes nuts for the Brit riders, though. Primoz popped his balloon, today. :lol:

Certainly for the Brits first and foremost but also the Australians, Americans, etc.

Hatch and Smith are great :).

tobydawq said:
Carols said:
tobydawq said:
Carols said:
How disgusting they try to make him put on a MS Blue jersey! What a Muck Up!

A screw-up sure, but out-right disgusting?

Yeah, why not bring out the blank one first? I find it disgusting to try and make him put on an incorrect team jersey as the GC winner :(. Don't teams pay to see Their Name up there?

Yeah, but of course it was a mistake. What would they gain from giving him the wrong jersey?

And the trident is indeed the best trophy. That's probably why Alaphilippe didn't care much that he didn't win. He already has the devil's trident which he stole in last year's Tour! :D

Well at least they got him a good one for the trophy presentation and played the correct anthem :)

Velolover2 said:
Escarabajo said:
Velolover2 said:
I'm almost 100% sure that Yates will win this race. Gap between top 20 is not that big. We are talking 20 seconds.
How can this be possible? :D
Wait and see. :D

If he doesn't win, you can pick my avatar.

What avatar will Escarabajo pick I wonder? :)

D2CH6zZX0AAC4GE.jpg:large

Excellent race with a fitting conclusion.
Even though Yates couldn't keep the jersey, his performance confirmed MS' tt improvements. And Rogla made a clear statement during the last three weeks.
The Giro will be packed with high-quality contenders.

Lequack said:
Velolover2 said:
Escarabajo said:
Velolover2 said:
I'm almost 100% sure that Yates will win this race. Gap between top 20 is not that big. We are talking 20 seconds.

I love this one! :)

Great win by Roglic. Can't wait for the Giro.

Lequack said:
Velolover2 said:
Escarabajo said:
Velolover2 said:

Amazing win. That's a great picture.

Chapeau Roglic & Jumbo - 0.3 of a second is still a winning margin! :) Tough for A Yates - but it shows how important the TT skills are for the top riders.
Roglic was 4 th at TdF last year so a podium spot is possible at the Giro, but I'm believing he'll be out climbed on the longer climbs so a win will take some Nibali type voodoo.

TRENDING THREADS