• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno-Adriatico 2023, March 6-12

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Always wonder what causes Joe Dombrowski to finish so far off the top riders. Tirreno should be perfect for him, and at Astana he has the freedom he needs.

He seems to be weaker than some time ago. On paper he should be on a level with teammates de la Cruz, or Lutsenko, but Dombrowski mostly finishes behind these two, at least.

Death, Taxus and you mentioning some random rider whose performances no one else has even registered. We certainly are living in the golden age of cycling forums!

Bad luck for Keldermann (yet again). Did he crash himself or did Michael Woods cross his wheel?

View: https://twitter.com/Cyclingtimenews/status/1634564745486270467?s=20

I think he was looking to his left and didn't noticed Woods crossing in front of him who may have touched him.

What amazed me was his lack of urgency and getting on his bike and get back in the group. He really looked like a "for **** sake, again? Even in this team?"

Reactions: noob
Congratulations to Primož Roglič for achieving a hat-trick.

This was the stage i was worried about the most. Seeing on how Roglič managed it left me reassured he is on the right track. Lot of different terrain and a lot of wins for Rogla on this race. His team offering superb support. Hopefully tomorrow another win for van Aert.

P.S. When Rogla was on the podium today. I feel that it was not fair to not give him the white jersey too. This discrimination needs to stop ASAP.

Always wonder what causes Joe Dombrowski to finish so far off the top riders. Tirreno should be perfect for him, and at Astana he has the freedom he needs.

He seems to be weaker than some time ago. On paper he should be on a level with teammates de la Cruz, or Lutsenko, but Dombrowski mostly finishes behind these two, at least.
Btw, the whole Astana team has become invisible these days.

Some pics

Fq91w3DWYAI2ekW

Fq95_FsWcAMiRXS

Fq9xUz9WcAAn5vy

Fq9mmOvXoAABkpl

Fq8vsKwWAAECwxT

Let Roglic close the gap. Then, after that, another thing he could have done better, was: let Roglic close the gap. Then, he could continue to let Roglic close the gap. And after that, he could not close the gap himself, but get in Roglic' wheel and let him close the gap. Lots of things he could have done differently.

Surprised I'm the only one laughing at this hilarious post.

MvdP seems to be pretty unhappy about his shape, and normally the prefered way for him to improve is hard racing. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the breakaway today.

...and if Wout van Aert follows suit, it could actually be quite a fun stage. The first half of it is fairly tough.

Yup. MVP is clearly not in top shape but he's aiming to peak for Roubaix and Flandres (clash with Teddy Merckx incoming). He still has time to do it.

Reactions: Sandisfan
MvdP seems to be pretty unhappy about his shape, and normally the prefered way for him to improve is hard racing. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the breakaway today.

...and if Wout van Aert follows suit, it could actually be quite a fun stage. The first half of it is fairly tough.
Sanremo is much easier than any of these hilly stages though. He can still be up there on being MvdP.

Reactions: Sandisfan