• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno-Adriatico stage 7: Civitanova Marche - San Benedetto del Tronto 164km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

EBH pushed Farrar into the barriers and Farrar was not happy about it. Oh well, that is sprinting, and if anyone from Sky is going to win it, I don't mind it being him.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
EBH pushed Farrar into the barriers and Farrar was not happy about it. Oh well, that is sprinting, and if anyone from Sky is going to win it, I don't mind it being him.

Farrar seems to be doing a fair bit of whining early this season...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
pfinn10 said:
EBH moved accross, which forced pettachi accross into farrar's line. That sprint turned very ugly quickly (more so then normal).

I didn't see it...but it seems the whole run in was pretty ugly??

A discutable sprint by Hagen.

He first closed in Petacchi and Farrar by going to the right, Farrar was shut down. Then Petacchi wanted to pass through the middle and Hagen again changed line...
A zigzag sprint..borderline behaviour.

A bit of a shame because Hagen doesn't need this. He needs to sprint in straight lines.

A

Anonymous

TRDean said:
Farrar seems to be doing a fair bit of whining early this season...

Yea, but in this case, he got pushed into the barriers as he was coming around.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't think Eddy's sprint was that bad. When he launched he moved over to the barrier, and it was Pettachi following him that squeezed Farrar out. He then drifted back to the right slowly, but that didn't affect anyone. He timed his launch just right, Petacchi would have had him in another 10 metres or so.

Aww poor Tyler :(

Who were the two that went down in the last 2km (one Astana and one Caisse)?

Anyone see the Rainbow Worrier try and ride away from the front for about 5 seconds then realise he was going nowhere?

I just don't think EBH can outsprint Boonen on Sunday...

A

Anonymous

ImmaculateKadence said:
I don't see either one of the guys mentioned being able to best Cavendish, Farrar, or Hushovd in the last 100 meters.

Well, you just saw it. ;)