• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tirreno-Adriatico

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Bruseghin was the big looser today... Lost about one minute to the peloton when it became splitted on the last hill there. And Cancellara seven minutes behind! Finished with Cav. Out of form after the crash? He have to be in good shape now! B-)

Great win by El Fares :)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Steep HIlls

Does the course this year go over that crazy steep hill it did last year:eek:, that saw so many guys get off and walk? That would be awesome to see

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
i am so excited that petacchi has won one stage. hope he gets better and better in time. however, i miss the whole fassa bortolo 'train' of riders making him a way to attack..

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
other4.gif

Yikes.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Great attack. Andy was nowhere to be seen, surprisingly, but I saw Ryder up there in the group 25 seconds back. The GC is still very close at the top.

A

Anonymous

Great races today, man I love cyclingfans. Getting to watch these races live instead of an hour long special on VS listening to the worst team in cycling commentary mutilate coverage....priceless.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BambinoDoro said:
agree with you....Gesink could have done great on the Montelupone! what is the damage in time?

For those who have missed it, here is the finish video

24 Andy Schleck (Lux) Saxo Bank 1.02

32 Robert Gesink (Ned) Rabobank 1.36

too much, but it's incredible that he still finished only 34s behind Schleck who was in the first group w/o any help in the chase...

Bala Verde said:
24 Andy Schleck (Lux) Saxo Bank 1.02

32 Robert Gesink (Ned) Rabobank 1.36

too much, but it's incredible that he still finished only 34s behind Schleck who was in the first group w/o any help in the chase...
What's even more, Gesink had to chase alone, since he got no help at all from the second group, everyone was watching at Gesink.

He did an incredible climb, twice, on Montelupone, even catching the rear of the front group (Simoni and Van Avermaet only just finished in front of him). Incredible bad luck for Gesink. But oh well, Dutch cycling is used to bad luck recent years. Even though we have lot's of talents, they never seem to get any luck at all

TRENDING THREADS