• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Todays idiot masters fattie doper

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ripper said:
Funny stuff these supplements (seriously ... these things are crazy, not really like taking multivitamins or a protein bar, more like taking ... speed ;)).

Methampheta-Stim Matrix: ...

PS - loved the Blame Canada line! :D

[/font]

I'd start with anything that sounds like methamphetamine. (and you don't have to look very hard after that...)

From the web site, though, you have to laugh at the product attributes:

Addictive energy
That sounds like it must be legal.

Dave.

As for the PS, what is the deal with the Blame game? Whatever happened to this:

704662937_b5b019b63a.jpg

VeloFidelis said:
Well Bro... I hate to admit it, but I was wrong... you can actually be less coherent. Way to go!

Come on, dude. Give us another of your famous "you damned kids don't show the proper respect for doped up pros" tirades. Those are classic. Be sure to end it with a line telling us to stop posting on the Internet and go ride our bikes.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
VeloFidelis said:
Clever... I rest my case!

Read the ingredients and agree the guy was less than a clever Belgian. Anyone that trains as hard as he must have to win his nation's jersey should also be smarter. You and Bro just like mud wrestling because this is not a major indictment of cycling in general, just another example of creeping acceptance of guys trying too hard to gain some advantage. Botany is right-eat good food, rest and do what you planned to do: ride your bike. Children do it everywhere.

Gee, I would, but you'd kinda just miss the point ... again, and I'm sorry, but I just can't help you with that anymore.

As for telling you to riding your bike... what good would that do? You don't ride.
You've averaged 10 posts a day, every single day for almost two years. This Forum is the measure of your pathetic life. I can see why you are so angry. Maybe you should actually take up cycling and give that poor dog a break.

VeloFidelis said:
Gee, I would, but you'd kinda just miss the point ... again. and I'm sorry, but I just can't help you with that anymore.

As for telling you to riding your bike... what good with that do? You don't ride.
You've averaged 10 posts a day, every single day for almost two years. This Forum is the measure of your pathetic life. I can see why you are so angry. Maybe you should actually take up cycling and give that poor dog a break.

You really are
Sofa

King

We

Todd

Did

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
A little "multicultural clarification":

Often times, in America, we refer to masters riders as "Masters Fatties". Even the fittest of masters riders often get a bit "fat" someplace. Look at Thurlow, his head is HUGE now. And he's a WORLD champion.

I have some crack to sell in your neighborhood.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
FKLance said:
Todays idiot masters fattie doper just sounds quite severe to me. We are talking about an average belgian amateur cyclist like the one who lives next door to you, not a tour-winning doper who signs autographs daily.

This guy wont loose any racing he can just enter the ICF vets racing which is just as hard and better run than UCI they dont even need a doping policy its to hard to run and too expencive.

Almost all masters over 50 need some meds of some sort and Doctors are too hard to find yet alone ask them to work with a silly bunch like WADA who dosnt have a clue what most meds are prescribed for.

One day we will invent a hormone that grows brain cells.

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Bike racers are not more or less intelligent than any other athlete or non-athlete.

Dirty dopers should be banned for life.

Ignorance is not an excuse...merely adds to the situation.

D-Queued said:
I'd start with anything that sounds like methamphetamine. (and you don't have to look very hard after that...)

Like I said, it did not take a lot of extra reading. I am not saying the guy is not guilty of being more than a bit of a twit, just that I would not fire a bunch of hate at him and lump him in with EPO and steroid users.

D-Queued said:
As for the PS, what is the deal with the Blame game?

Someone else quoted the "Blame Canada" from a movie (I think it was Southpark). Being Canadian, I thought it was hilarious!

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
Hey, anything involving the 'Flava' is gonna get points from me. Throw in a larger PE reference and you get double points!

BB, you are literally rocking my world. Keep it up!

Tying this sport to the larger public of pop culture is only going to bring it down. That is ultimately my diabolical aim. FIGHT THE POWER!

Ya gettin' it yet, you bunch of pudgy middle-aged sad-*ssed corporate *****s?

Well, that one may have been a little harsh...

The guys on the right are actually the "World Famous Supreme Team" from the Malcolm McLaren album "Duck Rock" (any old skül hip-hop fan should own it). Here's the video where the still came from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18bkvJRK7rw

BotanyBay said:
To the rest of you "1000% against doping" dopers. Eat right and get lots of sleep. The protein powder doesn't work. All it ever does is end up mentioned in a doping case.
In all seriousness, the protein powder is actually an excellent aid. I was ~25lb above my old (ancient) race weight, and without increasing my sports volume (running twice a week and mild bike commuting), I did drop 22lb already weight, and am now more muscular and lean than ever.

You could just limit yourself to eating eggs and meats (cut carbs way drastically, just get it from mixed veggies), but the protein powder makes life and dieting a whole lot more interesting, as well as convenient. today I ate some proteine nriched pancakes with low carb jam. Pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. Ham and cheese would have been a better diet choice, but I had none.

A pro athletes ought to have their supplements doping tested before use. Costs less than intension doping itself. That's why you get the ban even if you didn'y intend to dope.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
To clarify folks, I used to spend my days on the usenet newsgroup rec.bicycles.racing, and the going joke there is to refer to a masters racer as a "masters fattie". No matter which side of this argument I'd chosen, I'd still have called him a fattie.

nofreds.jpg

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
In all seriousness, the protein powder is actually an excellent aid. I was ~25lb above my old (ancient) race weight, and without increasing my sports volume (running twice a week and mild bike commuting), I did drop 22lb already weight, and am now more muscular and lean than ever.

You could just limit yourself to eating eggs and meats (cut carbs way drastically, just get it from mixed veggies), but the protein powder makes life and dieting a whole lot more interesting, as well as convenient. today I ate some proteine nriched pancakes with low carb jam. Pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. Ham and cheese would have been a better diet choice, but I had none.

A pro athletes ought to have their supplements doping tested before use. Costs less than intension doping itself. That's why you get the ban even if you didn'y intend to dope.

I dropped 30 lbs by riding my bike 45-60 mins each day (slowly) and through simple portion control... going so far as to measure the weight of my food to coincide with the serving sizes on packages and recipies. I did this in 3 months. And my usual lunch was a slice of pizza and a diet coke (midtown manhattan, folks). So I lost 30 lbs, ate pizza most days, had a 1500 calories per day diet, rode my bike into race-fit condition in about 6 weeks (from a zero-level of fitness). No powders, no special anything.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
I dropped 30 lbs by riding my bike 45-60 mins each day (slowly) and through simple portion control... going so far as to measure the weight of my food to coincide with the serving sizes on packages and recipies. I did this in 3 months. And my usual lunch was a slice of pizza and a diet coke (midtown manhattan, folks). So I lost 30 lbs, ate pizza most days, had a 1500 calories per day diet, rode my bike into race-fit condition in about 6 weeks (from a zero-level of fitness). No powders, no special anything.

Your story is a common theme and validates a real world sense of scale and activity and one that would serve you for a good life.
Unfortunately much of the supplement industry (Crack!?) is geared to offering an "edge" to atheletes that feel they've exhausted all other means of legitimate competitive equality. Some products have valid benefits as a strictly dietary short-cut and can be vetted for quality and effecacy. It's the fringe products that competitors take that are truly amazing in both claims and content, not in a good way. The sense of urgency to seek those products are part of a sporting mentality that's gotten away from us, IMO.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Oldman said:
Your story is a common theme and validates a real world sense of scale and activity and one that would serve you for a good life.
Unfortunately much of the supplement industry (Crack!?) is geared to offering an "edge" to atheletes that feel they've exhausted all other means of legitimate competitive equality. Some products have valid benefits as a strictly dietary short-cut and can be vetted for quality and effecacy. It's the fringe products that competitors take that are truly amazing in both claims and content, not in a good way. The sense of urgency to seek those products are part of a sporting mentality that's gotten away from us, IMO.

When I was a junior in the 80's, many of my young racing friends used some kind of protein powder. I looked into it, and was amazed at the $20 price tag for a tub of this junk. The business concept is brilliant: Capitalize on the concept of "Hope". They're willing to spend $20 per month to have the hope that it will improve their performance. They rationalize it by saying "It's just 20 bucks". Then you add-up all of the ridiculous things they're willing to spend 20 bucks on, all on the concept of "hope"... Carbon bottle cage bolts, etc. Again, I'm in the wrong business I suppose, but I can't sit here and take their money like that. I would lose sleep (even if it gave them hope).

Cloxxki said:

You honestly 100% do not need the protein powder. You will get more than enough protein from a normal healthy diet assuming you eat at least one serving of lean meat a day. The key is eating lots of veggies and fruit and keeping the calories in/calories out ratio negative or zero.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
BikeCentric said:
You honestly 100% do not need the protein powder. You will get more than enough protein from a normal healthy diet assuming you eat at least one serving of lean meat a day. The key is eating lots of veggies and fruit and keeping the calories in/calories out ratio negative or zero.

The body takes what it needs and it discards the rest. A guy who thinks he needs protein should pay more attention to when he eats it rather than how much he eats. Eat that turkey sandwich within 30 minutes of finishing your ride, because that's when the body really needs it. And it only needs that much.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/belgian-amateur-champion-receives-one-year-ban

Be careful what you wish for. I love it. A guy "1000% against doping" takes a supplement called "Crack".

To the rest of you "1000% against doping" dopers. Eat right and get lots of sleep. The protein powder doesn't work. All it ever does is end up mentioned in a doping case.

I used this stuff called “crack” and who knew it would wind up having a banned substance / illegal substance in it? :D I can not think of a better name for a diet supplement.

Seriously did he not get a clue with the name? Maybe the boys from New Jack City could point him in Pookie's direction and he can get his “learn on”.

nice quote for Pookie -"They call it the Enterprise Room, man, because it's for people who wanna be beamed up to Scotty."

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
Hey, if you're riding any kind of event that you may be tested at (or even hold a UCI license in general), regardless of the level of competition, you better be watching what you're putting in your pie-hole or shooting in your bum.

The names are funny because they're a little ironic and point to the guy's half-brained approach to enhancing his performance. He's in Belgium, for god's sake!

Your comments being hard on BB for the post are pretty funny, in an ironic sense as well. Especially since they're coming from someone whos' pseudo basically says 'F*ck Lance'.
They might not be your dog in the fight, but it's still a dog fight.

I thought the same. I was not going to confront the issue as that is not the topic of the thread. Anyhow it is very ironic humor.
If the Belgi master just wanted to "enhance" his performance legally, he could have just eat right etc. (I think someone has already posted that but it is worth repeating.)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
Really, we do?

Yes---- I have heard the term used more than once.

Then again I hear many terms these days that ABSOLUTELY make we want to give up exercise. A couple of examples (I will spare my usual long RANT) In some running events (I heard Triathlons do also) there are categories called Clydesdales and Phillies. Apparently Overall / Masters / GRAND master and age categories were not enough. THEY HAD to include Fatties. :D

TRENDING THREADS