• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tom Dumoulin discussion thread

Page 66 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tom is very clear on wanting to live a private life off the bike. Hes also not interested in anyone starting an official fanclub for him. He said hes always there for fans or press when hes in an event, but outside of that he wants to be left alone.

Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Brullnux said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
No Froome is no match for Dumoulin on a hilly course.

If it was a full on mountain ITT like TDF 2nd ITT last year maybe.
It's a proper climb at the end, it isn't a rolling course that Dumoulin excels in. 3km at 10% will definitely exclude Martin, and probably Dennis too. It's length is another thing in Froome's favour. It means that there is only 27km of flat before the final climb. Afaik those 27km are pretty flat, not rolling. Even if they are rolling, that's better for Froome relative to Dumoulin. The last climb helps Froome more than Dumoulin, and we have seen him in the past excel in these sorts of climbs. Although, we have also seen Dumoulin do so. Froome won't be in top shape though.
Dumoulin also won the ITT in Pais Vasco with the Alto de Aia. That was considerably harder than this one. You are considerably underrating Dumoulin in this kind of ITT
I don't think I am, I think you are underrating Froome. Dumoulin would easily still be favourite, but Froome would be his main challenger, and could run him close.

He's completely correct about the pap. If he doesn't want them around his house, then they should leave. I would feel the same in his shoes.

Last days some riders have been talking about a certain 'southern training group'. Some of you have an idea which riders are part of it?
Afaik Dumoulin, Ten Dam, van Emden, Tankink, Kelderman often train together in Limburg and the Ardennes.

He'd rather celebrate with his dog. :D

8981acf243.jpg

Jspear said:
Bardamu said:
Wouldn't call him bad mannered. He just tends to get annoyed/irritated when he is focused or tired.

Which is still a form of bad manners. :p If you only have good manners when the sun is shining, then you don't really have the best of manners.
Maybe, but he never holds grudges when he's cooled down and never is too proud to apologize when he has been a bit blunt/rude.

Yeah it will not be easy. Somehow it seems to be easier for him to win GT ITT's then championships. He also had some difficulty initially winning the dutch itt championships. Had some poor losses. Like when he won the TdSuisse ITT, and then a few days later he was nowhere in the dutch championships.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
It's also a difference between Dutch and other people. Dutch ppl tend to be considered really blunt or rude by others because we are so direct.

I wouldn't even be offended here if somebody told me to '**** off'. :D

I miss Ryo. He was fun sometimes.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Yeah it will not be easy. Somehow it seems to be easier for him to win GT ITT's then championships. He also had some difficulty initially winning the dutch itt championships. Had some poor losses. Like when he won the TdSuisse ITT, and then a few days later he was nowhere in the dutch championships.
Well the Worlds have been a bit of an afterthought for him a couple of times, so physically he wasn't at 100%. If he focuses on the rainbow jersey he is the man to beat.