• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tom Dumoulin discussion thread

Page 109 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Gigs_98 said:
It's a little sad he didn't win. 46 seconds isn't a lot and it's actually even less than it seems in a gt with very big time gaps. For example you could also say, he lost by only a fifth of froome's winning margin over him in the crucial stage. How often is that the case?
Anyway I would now officially call myself a fan of him after felt relatively neutral about him before this giro. He is a unique character in a time where most people's character is what their manager tells them and he is a fighter who doesn't care about 2nd places. I hope he'll make climbers attack from far out for many more years
That's Ok, but I hope you still remember you became a Froome's fan last Friday?

Re:

DNP-Old said:
He just said he's probable to start in the Tour this year.
giphy.gif

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Gigs_98 said:
It's a little sad he didn't win. 46 seconds isn't a lot and it's actually even less than it seems in a gt with very big time gaps. For example you could also say, he lost by only a fifth of froome's winning margin over him in the crucial stage. How often is that the case?
Anyway I would now officially call myself a fan of him after felt relatively neutral about him before this giro. He is a unique character in a time where most people's character is what their manager tells them and he is a fighter who doesn't care about 2nd places. I hope he'll make climbers attack from far out for many more years
That's Ok, but I hope you still remember you became a Froome's fan last Friday?
Yeah about that...I might have changed my mind :eek:

Re:

lartiste said:
for me, there is only one sad issue with TD - he is not updating his twitter since October, before he was really doing well, even during pre-season preparation in Africa, nothing now

PS: shake hands issue - it is fair to do that, when the race is over and emotions calmed. The race is over tomorrow. So, what is the problem?

Check his Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tomdumoulin90/

Re: Re:

EroicaStradeBianche said:
lartiste said:
for me, there is only one sad issue with TD - he is not updating his twitter since October, before he was really doing well, even during pre-season preparation in Africa, nothing now

PS: shake hands issue - it is fair to do that, when the race is over and emotions calmed. The race is over tomorrow. So, what is the problem?

Well, that is a *very* nice picture.

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site

VayaVayaVaya said:
***** Froome
**** Dumoulin
*** Quintana, Nibali
** Uran, Landa, Zakarin, Porte, Martin, Bardet
* Pino, S and A Yates, Aru, Valverde, Bernal, Lopez, Thomas, Roglic

IMO. 2018 level. Contador to jump to top spot with Bernal when he makes his comeback in 2019.

We can only wish :lol:

lartiste said:

That's freaking hilarious :lol: 46k followers and 1 picture!

LaFlorecita said:
lartiste said:

Boss.

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Was kinda sad to see him just ignoring Froome after the finish line instead of congratulating him for a great win. I also don't like how he is expecting everyone else to help him, he also had some of those episodes last year - I think he is very emotional and sometimes a bit too much. He comes across as kinda butthurt which is pretty unfortunate.. like many of his fans first when Yates dominated and then Froome winning yesterday and the whole Lopez/Carapaz argument.

He tried, but what can you do - Froome was simply better than him. And there's nothing wrong with that.

He confirmed today that he simply didn't see Froome, because he was being interviewed by Belgium television.

LaFlorecita said:
lartiste said:

And he's verified! Haha

Red Rick said:
LaFlorecita said:
https://twitter.com/VelonCC/status/1000745145023725568 one champion with another
"2nd place in a GT? That is a stain on a palmares you can never make right, Tom" :eek:

Probably explaining gel management to him. "Don't ride up alongside Froome when he's eating as he'll try and palm off a load of gels on you and you know what happens when you eat too many of them".

Blanco said:
classicomano said:
cellardoor said:
Is he planning to ride the Tour to target the TT, dom for Keldermann or have a serious shot at it?
He wants to try for GC.

I doubt he will do anything important in terms of GC there. This Giro was way too hard, and he can't sustain his form for so long, or reach new peak so quickly.
They've explicitly said they thought it was possible. Dumoulin was super tired, but his performances weren't really getting worse at the end of the Giro.

He's also explicitly stated he does not want to go to the Tour if he can do nothing there. I doubt he'll go to the Tour just to go for breakaways.

I also think Dumoulin would be a pretty solid lock for the Vuelta podium if he were to go there.

TRENDING THREADS