• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tony Martin Bandwagon thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Will Tony Martin reach a Top Ten overall finish at this year's Tour de France

• Hell No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
boomcie said:
Seriously? That Tour would probably suck balls harder than a crack wh*re.

It would have to be very controlled and pretty boring IMO and would not be awesome in any way, except for the German Fanjungens of course.

Die Martinjugend! :p

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Dear Tony Martin (here known as "Bavarianrider"),

I know you have had a hard time in your team getting Bob Stapelton to listen to you about how you're such a good prospect for the GC, even after winning some one-week stage races this year. But the forum will not help build your confidence and resolve the personal insecurities you have about your position in the team, your capabilities, or anything. The forum will not help you convince HTC to make your role anything but a servant for Cavendish in his sprints.

Signed,

bicing (pronounced biitchiing)

so who are the infamous three?me,cobblestoned and bavarianrider?

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-int..._montagne_j_ai_travaille_dur_raquo-15926.html

Je me sens vraiment très bien en ce moment. Après mon bon résultat au Tour de Romandie je suis allé m’entrainer en altitude à Livigno (Italie, Lombardie), pour deux semaines d’entrainements intensifs. J’espère que tout cela me permettra d'être meilleur en montagne.

Je prends le départ du Tour avec l'objectif de finir dans le top 10.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
so who are the infamous three?me,cobblestoned and bavarianrider?

http://www.cyclismactu.net/news-int..._montagne_j_ai_travaille_dur_raquo-15926.html

Je me sens vraiment très bien en ce moment. Après mon bon résultat au Tour de Romandie je suis allé m’entrainer en altitude à Livigno (Italie, Lombardie), pour deux semaines d’entrainements intensifs. J’espère que tout cela me permettra d'être meilleur en montagne.

Je prends le départ du Tour avec l'objectif de finir dans le top 10.

No, I voted maybe, but was close race. Not enough for a clear "for sure".

But the 43 "hell no" people are really great anyway. :D

Dekker_Tifosi said:
also voted maybe.. if he doesn't get a real off-day in the mountains he will finish top 10, but in the past he had trouble with that (being consistent 3 weeks long)

Yeah, but when was the last time the Tour had 4 HC MTFs?

Four 15-20th placings (relative to other GC hopefuls) in those 4 stages may not be enough to crack the top 10 in Paris. The individual time trial isn't particularly long, and the same goes for the TTT.

He's also likely to lose some time in the first week. (Mur de Bretagne, Super Besse, Saint Flour and one or two other stages)

Big Tony speaks out:

"Nach meinem Höhentrainingslager in Livigno hat heute die entscheidende Etappe der Tour-Vorbereitung begonnen. Beim Prolog des Criterium du Dauphine hat mein Motor noch etwas gestottert. Platz 34 und 17 Sekunden Rückstand sind ein Indiz dafür, dass ich erst wieder in den Rennrhythmus finden muss. Aber wie ihr sicher genauso gut wisst, wie ich, brauche ich immer ein paar Meter unter Belastung, bis ich der Alte bin. Morgen wird es mit einer Bergankunft schon ganz schön ruppig. Mein Fokus bei dieser Rundfahrt liegt vor allem auf dem langen Zeitfahren am Mittwoch über 42 Kilometer. Das ist nämlich identisch mit dem bei der Tour de France. Besser kann man eine Strecke nicht erkunden. Auch deshalb ist die Dauphine immer sehr gut besetzt. Neben sich selbst kann man also auch die Konkurrenz ganz gut testen. Dies sind auch Gründe, weshalb ich mit gegen die Tour de Swiss und für die Dauphine entschieden habe."

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Wow, altitude training plus he doesn't really care about anything but the long TT and will probably suck in the GC. I think he might podium the Tour.

You think Boonen will make it on the podium as well? Cause he's been altitude training quite a lot this second part of the season :eek:

TRENDING THREADS