• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Too Late, Too Furious: Tokyo Drift - The 2020 Olympics Thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah, I wonder how the jetlag will affect riders. Generally it's much harder getting used to the new time zone traveling east than it is traveling west. Tour guys will 9nly have 6 days adapting.

I think many will fly out on Monday Europe time so really only 4 days to adapt once they arrive in Tokyo.
Assuming Pogacar wins the Tour, he'd also have a lot of post-race responsibilities. So I'd be very surprised if he's in contention for the ORR.

Reactions: Big Doopie
I think Pog will ride for Rog if Rog is better
I think Schachmann will be in contention as will Uran

But strongest teams will be Italy and Belgium as per usual
Spain will be there abouts but I dont see Valverde winning it
Pello should ahve been included esp with that finish
UK shoud ride for Adam yates who has a great chance of wining

Why is the finish good for Pello Bilbao? Or any finish? He's won exactly one one-day race in his entire career. All the way back in 2014.

Reactions: Blanco
I think Pog will ride for Rog if Rog is better
I think Schachmann will be in contention as will Uran

But strongest teams will be Italy and Belgium as per usual
Spain will be there abouts but I dont see Valverde winning it
Pello should ahve been included esp with that finish
UK shoud ride for Adam yates who has a great chance of wining

A.Yates no race days since LBL on the 25th of April- His performance will be interesting.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Funny to think this will be the first ever race Pogacar and Evenepoel will ride together.
Not completely true. The rode San Sebastian 2019, where Pogacar DNFed, and WC 2019, where Evenepoel DNFed, together.

Probably more remarkable is that it is the first time outside a national championship that van Aert and Evenepoel are riding the same race. On the 2 previous occasions van Aert won while Evenepoel finished 3rd. I'm guessing the Belgian team could live with the same result.

TRENDING THREADS