• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Top 10 active cyclists

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
um... dad?

you sound just llike him, first Sastre fan, then jumped over to Schleck. He only watch cycling in July thought :p
I supported them at the same time.

Sastre is an example of how many trials and tribulations a rider has to get over to achieve something in this sport. I nearly cried when he won the Tour. Sadly, I know I'll never feel something similar regarding cycling. July Andy's victory will be very trivial.

hehe, Jens, il killer is on fire! )) in priciple i guess despite on doping allegations we can award Danilo with a status The Legend for his Tre Cime di Lavaredo stage! :) actually, only morzine and galibier are somewhere close in last 10 years. though he had many many other titles. :)

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Troll, alert.

Always knew you were just a July fan though.

What a coincidence that you don't include the only Monument Abandony Schleck ever won.

I even don't know which races are the monuments. And what? Someone watching in July is a troll?

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
No, you're both. And lol at you not knowing what the Monuments are, doesn't surprise me one bit. If you know nothing about the sport, it's indeed hard to rank cyclists. ;)

Fetisoff said:
I will actually second this (and before someone calls me a Samu fanboy, you can look at my avatar).

I would maybe say they're about equal in one-day races, however Samu does have an Olympic gold and that counts for a lot to me

And ACF and a few others have called me a Rodriguez fanboy, so its not like im ignoring Puritos brilliance either.

airstream said:
I supported them at the same time.

Sastre is an example of how many trials and tribulations a rider has to get over to achieve something in this sport. I nearly cried when he won the Tour. Sadly, I know I'll never feel something similar regarding cycling. July Andy's victory will be very trivial.

hehe, Jens, il killer is on fire! )) in priciple i guess despite on doping allegations we can award Danilo with a status The Legend for his Tre Cime di Lavaredo stage! :) actually, only morzine and galibier are somewhere close in last 10 years. though he had many many other titles. :)

lol Morzine Avoriaz 2010 2nd best gt stage of the decade. Nicely done:)

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
And ACF and a few others have called me a Rodriguez fanboy, so its not like im ignoring Puritos brilliance either.

Well, I guess a difference between a fan and a fanboy is that a fan is always critical of his rider's limitation, while a fanboy tends to dismiss them (here, airstream, you were wondering couple days ago what the difference between the two is, how is this for a definition?)

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
Well, I guess a difference between a fan and a fanboy is that a fan is always critical of his rider's limitation, while a fanboy tends to dismiss them (here, airstream, you were wondering couple days ago what the difference between the two is, how is this for a definition?)

Thanks, I thought approximately the same, albeit they are very very close.

airstream said:
Aren't you *slightly* exaggerateing? :confused:

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Eshnar said:
Aren't you *slightly* exaggerateing? :confused:

Why? Then Di Luca was pulling the group during 25km on Giau, Tre Croci and Tre Cime - we all know how difficult and steep these climbs are, drilling it from about 30 to 5 guys and after he attacked miraculously, having dropped Simoni and Schleck. Sadly he couldn't take the stage as the breakaway was far away. It wasn't stuff we see every year. Though, somehow people rarely remember that stage probably because of unpopularity of that Giro.

fangirl is a girl who supports a rider for the fact how lovely he smiles at spring giro sunny.

By the way, interesting fact that I don't know Katusha fanboys even within Russian speaking cycling community. ) They support Contador, Basso, Menchov personally, Gesink, but not Katusha.. :D

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
A fan girl can be a reason to be a fanboy.

Let me know if you know of any Katusha ones in the London area.

Don't even know any in Moscow.... or Ukraine... or Ekaterinburg.... or Kurgan... Or Canada... Sigh... Cycling no that popular for now

<--------- Off to Katusha page on facebook to go through all the people who pressed "like" on the page

:D:D

This is a pretty good list, but I'm going to "innovate."

FF'Wilco said:
1. Contador (multiple GT winner)
2. Freire (3x World Champion RR, multiple Monument winner)
4. Cancellara (multiple Monument winner, 4x World Champion ITT)
3. Boonen (multiple Monument winner, World Champion RR)
5. Nys (The Kannibaal is so consistently great, few compare)
6. Valverde (multiple Monument winner, GT winner)
7. Gilbert (multiple Monument winner)
8. Menchov (3x GT winner)
9. Evans (GT winner, World Champion)
10. Marianne Vos

Marianne probably shares #1 with Pharmador.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
No, this is about male road cycling. Cross, track, mountain-biking and female cycling are nowhere near the level of male road cycling. You can't compare different genders(in this case at least), so stop bringing it up.

If you want to make a list about female cyclists only in this thread then please do so, but don't combine them...

Remember this thread is posted in the professional road racing section. ;)

TRENDING THREADS