• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de Belgique - May 26-May 30

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Echoes said:
Gilbert got time bonuses during the 1st stage, so the rain just compensates.

Cornu was the fastest at the intermediate. The best won.
+1
IIRC, Gilbert was something like 20 secs back on the first time check, and the weather looked more or less ok there, so I guess a top-20 result could have been possible, but nothing more.

Moerenhout could have won the Tour last year, and I hope he wins it today.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well I hope he does well today. Meanwhile, Dries Devenyns has put himself in a good position for the overall. Maybe even Devolder could win it all.

;)

Well the peloton already split in pieces, and last year when the TV coverage started, only 30 riders were left with 80km to go...

The difference in strength between the few PT teams and the many CT teams is so big that this stage usually ends in total massacre :p
Thus Freire in the break, not so suprising, probably rode away with a group when the peloton was splitting.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Albert dropped from the peloton. Clearly not as good as last year

He dropped out on the bridge. How much has he trained since february?

But Walsleben was strong. If he can hold this form level till next winter, it's gonna be fun.

Nys and Franzoi weren't that bad either. I expected more from Pauwels, however. :(