• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 Stage 17: Digne-les-Bains-Pra Loup 161km

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Netserk said:
SeriousSam said:
The Hitch said:
SeriousSam said:
OmieeZF said:
Are some of you guys stupid or what? why would movistar let contador go and see him reclaim 2nd spot. Sky was clearly forcing movistars hand by not reacting to contador. Froome has nothing to lose, he has a gap of 4 min to contador. Movistars gap is between 1 and 2 minutes so they have the podium to lose, which is important as well.
Yeah. Once Froome managed to get a large gap on second, with the podium places much closer, it was obvious he wouldn't be subject to the anti Sky alliance half the forum is wishing for.
saying that alliance would be anti sky is like saying that vino and kolobnev in 2010 lbl was an anti Valverde alliance lol.

It's a mutually beneficial alliance. 2 riders working together to get a gap on the leader. What would Valverde have to lose?

Valverde going with Contador right away would have served his interest, although exposed him to a greater risk to lose time to Contador. When he didn't join him right away, chasing him down is also in Valverde's interest.

I think what's actually optimal does depend on the 1st vs 2nd/3rd trade off I mentioned earlier.
Bridging up to him and work together would be the best for his own and Nairo's chance to win this race.

amen, Netserk

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Afrank said:
Miburo said:
So we can't hate on a team cause of their incredible stupid racing? What is that for bs? Movistar are complete idiots and a thread should not be deleted about it

It should when it's whole purpose is hate. Criticism is fine, nothing but hate and insults? Not so much.

But it isn't.

Afrank said:
Miburo said:
So we can't hate on a team cause of their incredible stupid racing? What is that for bs? Movistar are complete idiots and a thread should not be deleted about it

It should when it's whole purpose is hate. Criticism is fine, nothing but hate and insults? Not so much.
What? :confused:

Why not? It has always been that insulting riders = Ok. Insulting members = Not ok.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Netserk said:
auscyclefan94 said:
Sky have neutralised the race now because the gap between Rogers and the Peloton is over two minutes now. Contador will struggle to leap frog to the platform Rogers has set.
Why? Rogers can just sit up if he is needed...
Well then he has just wasted a whole lot of energy creating the gap, blunting what he can do for Bertie later on.

djpbaltimore said:
Netserk said:
Bridging up to him and work together would be the best for his own and Nairo's chance to win this race.

I disagree. If it works, Contador now becomes a big threat to beat him. I don't think helping out a rider who has won the last two GTs is going to improve your odds of winning the race.
The way Contador has been riding, he would be far easier to beat than Froome.

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
Anyways it's clear now contador doesn't give a **** about a podium, no denying that.

Because of what? He tried so sneak away more or less (that wasn't a hard attack at all), didn't work. To to anything else would've been just wasting energy.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

Netserk said:
Afrank said:
Miburo said:

What? :confused:

Why not? It has always been that insulting riders = Ok. Insulting members = Not ok.

It's more a matter of the thread being a, I quote, "hate thread."

To be honest I did just tune in a little bit ago, could someone inform me to what Movistar did?

Netserk said:
The way Contador has been riding, he would be far easier to beat than Froome.

Understandable, but I wouldn't gamble on that holding true in the final days. Contador looked much better on Mende. Plus, the closer he gets to GC, the greater the chance for unpredictable attacks. It is better for Nairo to keep this a 1 v 1 duel with Froome.