• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2017 Stage 14 : Blagnac > Rodez 181.5 km

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Inquitus said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Aru was already isolated far from the finish. He had to do everything alone. So he had no chance here.

Dan Martin had no help from his Quickstep team in todays final and he didn't drop any time, I think Aru has to take a lot of blame for this, yes having no team to help isn't great, but he could have made a better first of things a la Dan Martin.

What.

Martin got a perfect drag from Gilbert.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Carols said:
Irondan said:
Valgren replied to a question about losing the yellow jersey with "good".

Trouble in paradise?

Astana has some issues to deal with apparently...

If I were Vino I'd fire that boys butt! What a backstabber he was :(

Valgren was pissed because he kept trying to move Aru up but he refused to do so.

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Brullnux said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
silvergrenade said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Aru was already isolated far from the finish. He had to do everything alone. So he had no chance here.
Do you really believe an isloated Froome/Contador would lose 25 secs on such a finish?
Any GC rider with enough experience would've known that.
He didn't have the legs today
Contador no. Froome might lose that amount of time if isolated.

I don't agree with you on all accounts. Especially in this type of stage a team is crucial in placement
I think the Contador of recent years could definitely lose 25 seconds on a finish like this if isolated.

Contador has lost almost 25 seconds on a finish like that, in the Tour, even perfectly positioned. (Huy 2015)

Carols said:
Irondan said:

Trouble in paradise?

Don't know - sounds sensible for Astana's lack of fire power. Aru can follow now - still dumb to lose so much time today though.

Ataraxus said:
Brullnux said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
silvergrenade said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Do you really believe an isloated Froome/Contador would lose 25 secs on such a finish?

I don't agree with you on all accounts. Especially in this type of stage a team is crucial in placement
I think the Contador of recent years could definitely lose 25 seconds on a finish like this if isolated.

Contador has lost almost 25 seconds on a finish like that, in the Tour, even perfectly positioned. (Huy 2015)
Yes, Huy and Rodez are perfectly comparable climbs. :rolleyes:
One is 570m at %9,6; the other is 1,3 km at %9,6 with max gradient being %19

The same finish as today, in 2015, where he lost no time: http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=27951

yaco said:
Much ado about nothing. Aru was badly positioned which is disappointing. Have no doubt his legs are fine. Expect he will drop Froome in the Alps.
Dazed and Confused said:
Poursuivant said:
Chris Froome (SKY) was 6.6km/h faster than Fabio Aru (AST) in the final 500m, where he gained 25" and the #MaillotJauneLCL.
#TDFdata

yep, more to do with legs than positioning.

:surprised:

deValtos said:
Carols said:
Irondan said:

Trouble in paradise?

Valgren was pissed because he kept trying to move Aru up but he refused to do so.

I'm well aware of that, but he was a snotty Pri*k for the entire interview!
EDIT: Maybe he couldn't? But you don't trash your team leader and express Joy that the jersey is gone. Jerk doesn't have to work now, so he's happy about that...he made that obvious.

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Forever The Best said:
Ataraxus said:
Brullnux said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
"]Aru was already isolated far from the finish. He had to do everything alone. So he had no chance here.

Contador has lost almost 25 seconds on a finish like that, in the Tour, even perfectly positioned. (Huy 2015)[/quote]Yes, Huy and Rodez are perfectly comparable climbs. :rolleyes:
One is 570m at %9,6; the other is 1,3 km at %9,6 with max gradient being %19

The same finish as today, in 2015, where he lost no time: http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=27951[/quote]

Lol.
You are giving an example of 2015 in which he los no time, meanwhile today he lost 22. :p