• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 19 (Bourg-en-Bresse - Champagnole, 166.5 km)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Martin really hasn't had the legs since week 1 but he's been doing his best Vino impression on this Tour.

Martin came in too hot. I don't blame him for going hard in the Dauphine -- French team, French race etc -- but he should have saved his energy for the 3rd week rather than trying to drop the two strongest guys in the Pyrenees. He also burned a lot of matches in the La Rochelle stage after he crashed trying to chase back on in cross winds. Talented rider and a top 10 climber but made a few mistakes. With experience I think he could crack the Top 5 in a GT.

I wonder what DQ is thinking, letting Cavagna do a 165 k solo break, the day before a TT seems I’ll advised?

As for the sprint Sunday, it will be dominated by the DQ and Sunweb trains, but whether Bennett, Ewan and Bol have it, after such a hard Tour, is the question.

If I was a betting man, I’d pick Kristoff...... but Pedersen taking it, on the last day in the rainbow, of course speaks to the heart :cool:

- and then there is WvA ;)

Reactions: Sandisfan
Off topic: You know that relief when your child does not come home, does not answer the phone and you wonder to go search for him or better not embarass him in front of his friends and then he answers the phone?

Regarding the race: of course Cavagna stands no chance, but if he won the stage, how great would that be?

Reactions: Sandisfan
I wonder what DQ is thinking, letting Cavagna do a 165 k solo break, the day before a TT seems I’ll advised?

As for the sprint Sunday, it will be dominated by the DQ and Sunweb trains, but whether Bennett, Ewan and Bol have it, after such a hard Tour, is the question.

If I was a betting man, I’d pick Kristoff...... but Pedersen taking it, on the last day in the rainbow, of course speaks to the heart :cool:

- and then there is WvA ;)
Bennett has still been top on the intermediate sprints but obviously neither Ewan or Kristoff really cared about them and Sam and Sagan might be too busy trying to just finish ahead of each other too

Ewans going to beat everyone when it comes to sprint power, even if he had to fight all the time. But if there's some kind of chaos or better organised teams or lucky circumstances for someone, of course someone else might snatch it. Bol or van Aert would be my best bets in that case. Kristoff I think profitted from the weather on the first stage. Bennett would be my guess no4.

Ewans going to beat everyone when it comes to sprint power, even if he had to fight all the time. But if there's some kind of chaos or better organised teams or lucky circumstances for someone, of course someone else might snatch it. Bol or van Aert would be my best bets in that case. Kristoff I think profitted from the weather on the first stage. Bennett would be my guess no4.
Today or Sunday?

TRENDING THREADS