• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 20 ITT (Lure - La Planche des Belles Filles, 36.2km)

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
As Pantani said in 1999, you gotta strike when the iron is hot. Ironically, he may have lost the Giro by demolishing everyone in the mountains that year, but the point still stands.
Hey, you don't need to tell me. I was on the side of that debate a couple of weeks ago that said no place is a bad time to gain time on your rivals, try to gain time if the opportunity presents itself and worry about shipping the jersey to a breakaway or something like that later and when you're the strongest rider, riding within yourself so that you aren't tired later can blow up in your face.

Pogi won the Tour, Roglic won another tour around Nibali's trophy cabinet.
Jokes aside, I feel for him, must be brutal. Congratulating Pogi right afterwards showed that he's a great sportsman.
Hopefully he understands that the real culprit here is Sepp Kuss :p If he could have trusted his key mountain domestiques to work on more than two stages where the finish was deemed steep enough (and even then he didn't work on one of them because it was his birthday), maybe he wouldn't be in this mess.

This tour did make me appreciate Froome's style a bit more I suppose.

A lot of comparisons were made to sky during this tour, but despite the similarities in strength, the 'taking time whenever you could' mentality didn't permeate the mentality of TJV as much as it did with them. Hopefully they learn from this, the first couple of stages the road goes up, if you're in form and you want to win the tour, attack.

Reactions: spalco
This tour did make me appreciate Froome's style a bit more I suppose.

A lot of comparisons were made to sky during this tour, but despite the similarities in strength, the 'taking time whenever you could' mentality didn't permeate the mentality of TJV as much as it did with them. Hopefully they learn from this, the first couple of stages the road goes up, if you're in form and you want to win the tour, attack.
Team Jumbo has bad DS that still don't know nothing about how racing works. They now know everything about drafting good riders, nutrition, material,... But they are still clueless about racing tactics. I base myself on footage of cameras inside DS vehicles during e.g. Tour of Flanders.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Gotta feel for Rog.
I do. I actually wanted him to win as I have been following him since his Adria Mobil days, but at the same time as wanting Jumbo's negative tactics and defensive riding to not be rewarded, because every time aggressive riding wins out over defensive blocking tactics it's better for the sport in the long run and the margin they had was really not sufficient to ride it like a coronation like they did. So it's kind of bittersweet.

TRENDING THREADS