• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 20 ITT (Lure - La Planche des Belles Filles, 36.2km)

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Even when Pogacar had a 13 seconds lead at the first checkpoint I didn't see it coming. I thought the more experienced Roglic was saving some energy for the climb. This was a huge surprise.

I don't think even Pogacars team saw this coming. Nobody did. If anything people were expecting he went too fast at the beginning and for him to fade later, but I guess nobody told Pogacar he needs to fade if you put in a huge effort beforehand, so he just continued. ;)

UAE director showing they had the yellow bike ready all along :screamcat:

EiS1rJdXcAAfkaG

Combined jersey hardly counts too if one is already top on GC, Points and Mountains.

And in 1969 the points were the same for winning any road stage, unlike today which is weighted in favor of the sprinters

Edit: and as an absolutely meaningless exercise, under 1969 rules Pogacar would have had 150 points in points classification at the end of today, while Bennett would have had 103

And yes I am aware that the race would have been raced totally differently

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS