• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2021, Stage 11: Sorgues – Malaucène, 198.9 km

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
only green jersey points he won on the stage he was OTL
Oh, OK, I must have misunderstood!

I've always been a fan of Cav, so on one level on that's great news. On another though that's kind of whack - I think it's fair enough if you're only avoiding disqualification by dint of the fact that there are too many others in the same boat, the least that can happen is there can be some proper consequences - dodging disqualification, and then perhaps going onto win a points jersey doesn't feel right somehow.

GC
Clipboard.jpg

That's domination. Holy ***. And he'll get a minute more in the end. Biggest margin since 2014 very likely, and if he beats that then biggest since Ullrich 1997.

Reactions: Sandisfan
There are really many riders in this race who are an enigma here to me. What are they here for? Are they injured from the crashes? Are they only using this as an Olympic prep? Are they simply tired?
What's up with someone like Fuglsang, if I would bet I would have put some decent money on him seriously trying to get in the break. He tried shortly, but didn't look serious.
I could have sworn the break today gets contested like five star crème brûlée, instead it seemed to be filter coffee for most riders.

I think WVA's strong TT ability was on display today, and he went to his absolute limit on the climb. I doubt he can do it again in a day or two. And he was only able to do it because he started 27 minutes down.

I'd not overlook how much work and active racing WVA did to force the break and his part in it today. Definitely doesn't get that freedom on another day but his ride was herculean today and I'd not be surprised if he was up with the best from GC had he just sat in the pack all day.

But they could take the points away.

Just don't see it happening. Cav in green is a huge feel good story (depending how into your cycling your are...) and an interest boost in the competition.

Reactions: Big Doopie
There are really many riders in this race who are an enigma here to me. What are they here for? Are they injured from the crashes? Are they only using this as an Olympic prep? Are they simply tired?
What's up with someone like Fuglsang, if I would bet I would have put some decent money on him seriously trying to get in the break. He tried shortly, but didn't look serious.
I could have sworn the break today gets contested like five star crème brûlée, instead it seemed to be filter coffee for most riders.

Yeah I feel the same way..its hard to comprehend

So many previously high GC riders and top riders riding around France hours down ?

I'd not overlook how much work and active racing WVA did to force the break and his part in it today. Definitely doesn't get that freedom on another day but his ride was herculean today and I'd not be surprised if he was up with the best from GC had he just sat in the pack all day.

Just don't see it happening. Cav in green is a huge feel good story (depending how into your cycling your are...) and an interest boost in the competition.

Tbf it shouldn't be a case that the rules dont apply to someone if they're big enough or bring too much money in. It'll probably happen but it should not

TRENDING THREADS