• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 11 (Albertville – Col du Granon Serre Chevalier, 151.7k)

Page 51 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So Bardet looking very good

Indicates to me Hindley could keep company with Pog and Vinge
Not doubt about It,
Perfect tactic from Pogacar. JV has only one upper hand on him - their sheer quantitative strength. Now it will be him vs. Vingegaard.
Lot of time analyzing cycling by myself...It was clear and It was what had happened...you cant set the pace with Vingegard at your wherel if you know Vingegard is better in long climbs than you. He just had to follow Vingegard, becouse Roglic didnt count after his crash. And if he takes 3 minutes, you hace Majka to work

The race is not finished, Pogacar has an extratospheric recovery and is very good in medium mountain stages...the only problema is now is his team is clearly weaker than Jumbo.

I think a key reason to isolate Pogacar is to make it a different effort. If the attacks don't start until the final 7km, Pogacar will likely crush most riders. But what if a team can isolate him early, and make it a 60km effort?

Then it's more of an unknown. Following attacks and counter attacks for over an hour is a completely different type of racing, and tactics play a much greater part. It's more like breakaway racing and as we saw yesterday, breakaways are not always won by simply being the strongest rider and riding away from everyone.

Not to shag my own arse, but I was well on the money here.