• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 12 (Briançon – Alpe d’Huez, 165.1k)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Some things I will find interesting today.

1. If Pog attacks it will give an indication of his ability to recover from having been down deep yesterday. It's harder to recover when you go so deep. If he does so and attacks it's fine for Jonas, he will just be wheel-sucking.

2. Pog does not have the team around that he needs to finish Jonas. It showed very clearly that UAE has based most of their tactics on just Pog being stronger than others and not having a team around him. Don't get me wrong, he has a team, but the team is not good enough in a 3 week battle.

3. If Jumbo sets it up again today will Pog be able to answer ? It would be a dream come true for all of us because it would mean another beautiful stage. It brings me back to point 1 - if Jumbo feels any kind of weakness in Pog they should drill it again.

I hope INEOS and Thomas will do some work. At least Thomas looks very good.

Nairo amazes me this tour, he looks stronger than ever. And he could definitly also be a winner today.

Today Jumbo will play it safe and follow Pog. Maybe Roglič tries to go in a break for personal glory if he feels good enough. But probably he'll stay with JV and help Jonas.
And Pog will attack. He didn't eat yesterday. It wasn't a bad day or bad form. He was blocked and empty because of lack of food. He's quick in recovery and he'll go nuclear today. I think Jonas will be able to follow. If not, he'll loose up to 1 min max.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Pogacar will sit behind Vingegaard, he'll eat, he won't use any excess energy & then he'll drop the biggest watts bomb he's capable of on the Alpe D'Huez.

I suppose as spectators we're lucky because we might get to see what Pogacar can do going all in from the foot of the climb. He needs to. As for Vingegaard, if he's the strongest, he'll win the TdF with ease because his team is also so much stronger than everyone else's. But if there's a little moment of weakness there after yesterday... it's easy to imagine a scenario where Pogacar attacks like a madman on the first ramp of Alpe & Vingegaard goes too deep trying to follow.

This TdF needs some more craziness.

It will indeed be interesting to see what happens today. I am leaning more towards the idea Pogačar might not necessarily attack today on the last hill. Today's stage will likely be more of a procession. It mostly depends on what Roglič decides to do. For example if he gets in a breakaway that should likely be fun. If he decides to try to crack Pogi with some team dynamics some more. That should be fun too. If he decides to do nothing. Then this is what we will likely get on today's stage.

Pogacar will sit behind Vingegaard, he'll eat, he won't use any excess energy & then he'll drop the biggest watts bomb he's capable of on the Alpe D'Huez.

I suppose as spectators we're lucky because we might get to see what Pogacar can do going all in from the foot of the climb. He needs to. As for Vingegaard, if he's the strongest, he'll win the TdF with ease because his team is also so much stronger than everyone else's. But if there's a little moment of weakness there after yesterday... it's easy to imagine a scenario where Pogacar attacks like a madman on the first ramp of Alpe & Vingegaard goes too deep trying to follow.

This TdF needs some more craziness.
Alpe is a bit long for Pogacar but he may try this. If it doesnt work there are still Pyrénées with shorter climbs.

It will indeed be interesting to see what happens today. I am leaning more towards the idea Pogačar might not necessarily attack today on the last hill. Today's stage will likely be more of a procession. It mostly depends on what Roglič decides to do. For example if he gets in a breakaway that should likely be fun. If he decides to try to crack Pogi with some team dynamics some more. That should be fun too. If he decides to do nothing. Then this is what we will likely get on today's stage.

"It mostly depends on what Roglic decides to do."

Is your Primoz all powerful, all seeing, all knowing?

I think Jumbo lost their trick poney with Roglic yesterday. Of course a lot of damage has been done to Pogi but now he only needs to worry about Jonas while Jumbo needs to control the race. Today most probably Pogi will attack on AdH and if he is in good shape he might take back some of the time lost. But at least he only has one target to worry about for the rest of the race so that makes it easier for him.

Jumbo to drill it all day today and produce the rare sight of Roglic playing super dom to Vingegaard towards the top of Alpe d'huez. If Rog has anything left he may even be allowed to go for the win if he gets within a few kilometres of the top. Otherwise I can see Vingegaard attacking his rivals again to lay down a statement that this tour is as good as over.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS