• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 15 (Rodez – Carcassonne, 202.5k)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
There is days of the week then there is the time of day.

Down under we have to stay up to 1:30am to watch the Tour live. The only stages I would watch live are big mountain stages. So because the big mountain stages are on weekdays this year when I need to work this means I haven't had much I can stay up for. Last night I needed the sleep :tired:
Yeah, it’s a little easier for us in the western U..S., since getting up my normal time for work (630) I can catch an hour or more before heading off. I knew I wanted to catch as much as possible of Stage 11 so got up at 4:30 for that one—but I can catch up on sleep hitting the sack earlier that evening.

Reactions: Cookster15
This is a long, brutally hot, really bumpy day. Not a GC day unless the wind kicks up toward the end of the stage, but GC teams will be alert to that possibility and stay in front. The teams that have won nothing are starting to get nervous. If the sprinters want to play, like Bling did today, they'll need to get into the break because chances are high that it will get away. I really like what Kim Andersen did in Stage 13 when he had Q conspire with Mads to get him hooked up with the break after Mads tried a few times in previous stages and failed. That was overall a very professional and flawless effort by Trek and Mads to get that win. Other teams may take note. It should be an interesting and exciting race because teams are running out of opportunities to make their sponsors happy.

Last edited:
Seems the breaks are performing better than the sprint teams so another break win wouldn't surprise and the Green jersey battle is long over. Don't see BEX wasting a lot of energy on this one after winning yesterday and Lotto just don't seem to have it anyway this year. Might depend more on whether Jumbo decide to let WVA off the chain or not.Hope Ewan proves me wrong.

I'd assume most people here aren't students or teachers and are still working Monday to Friday this month.

i mean most europeans have 3-4 weeks of summer holiday, which most take in july or june. The after a day at the Beach, nothing better than coming Home and watch the last hour or so of the stage.

It all depends on Bike Ex. Do they wait for 19 and 21 for a sprint or do they sense a chance with Dylan? If they wait for 19 and 21 then I think Schultz in the break. If there is no bike ex to chase then break wins. Lotto won’t be chasing as Ewan is banged up and they have basically said they are nursing him through to 19 and 21. Who else chases? Quickstep have been ravaged with covid. Alpecin can’t do it alone.

It all depends on Bike Ex. Do they wait for 19 and 21 for a sprint or do they sense a chance with Dylan? If they wait for 19 and 21 then I think Schultz in the break. If there is no bike ex to chase then break wins. Lotto won’t be chasing as Ewan is banged up and they have basically said they are nursing him through to 19 and 21. Who else chases? Quickstep have been ravaged with covid. Alpecin can’t do it alone.
Pedersen has basically said that he wants to win the sprint today, so I guess Trek will contribute to it. DSM could as well, as Dainese looks undroppable at least. Bora said that they may push for a reduced sprint (for van Poppel) on the climb. All in all, I'd think there's enough interest, and most strong breakaway contenders must be tired as well

i mean most europeans have 3-4 weeks of summer holiday, which most take in july or june. The after a day at the Beach, nothing better than coming Home and watch the last hour or so of the stage.
August definitely more popular in many (most?) parts of Europe. But really, are there people who are actually working at work instead of watching the Tour? :D

Reactions: Roku
There is days of the week then there is the time of day.

Down under we have to stay up to 1:30am to watch the Tour live. The only stages I would watch live are big mountain stages. So because the big mountain stages are on weekdays this year when I need to work this means I haven't had much I can stay up for. Last night I needed the sleep :tired:
It's a killer isn't it. I and many others know you pain! The last mountain stage was 2:30. And most of it was pretty sleep worthy after the excitement (and sleep deprivation) of the previous stage.

Reactions: Cookster15
The sooner these flailing sprint teams release its far more efficient to place your sprinter with support in the break (see mads) than chase meaninglessly all day the better their results will be.

Yeah let's pretend like every sprinter has the volume and strength of Pedersen. As if guys like Ewan, Groenewegen and Jakobsen can ride like Pedersen lol. Even Philipsen can't do that.

TRENDING THREADS