• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 18 (Lourdes – Hautacam, 143.2k)

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
"Quintana didn't take over at the end and he decided to attack me. The DS was yelling at me to chew on him," Gaudu said in the flash interview right after the stage. "I saw that he had attacked too far. I said to myself, 'you, my dear, I'm going to pick you up and drop you off', it's a fair return of things"

Strong words there for Gaudu that hopefully will lead to strong attacks today!

I have no idea what any of that means. What exactly is Gaudu complaining about?

"Quintana didn't take over at the end and he decided to attack me. The DS was yelling at me to chew on him," Gaudu said in the flash interview right after the stage. "I saw that he had attacked too far. I said to myself, 'you, my dear, I'm going to pick you up and drop you off', it's a fair return of things"

Very bold words from a man whose team have largely dragged him up every climb lol

Reactions: bob.a.feet

If Gaudu let go now and starts his pacing, he will win this stage

I'm not understanding why anyone is complaining about cyclists actually trying to do things. Quintana attacks from distance to move up the GC? Great. Wout and Mohoric try to win today's sprint? Good. At least Mohoric threatened him a little. Cofidis leads the peloton to help Geschke have a chance at KOM? Go for it. Any tactics other than Vingegaard and Pogacar on one another's wheel on the final climb all make things more interesting. Cyclists and teams - try some stuff.