• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 18 (Lourdes – Hautacam, 143.2k)

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tbh If Pog wants to win I think he should just send it over the top of the Aubisque. He has to attack at a point where Vingegaard doesn't expect it and isn't immediately on his wheel. It's very unlikely he can pull off a solo from here but I don't think he'll end this tour in yellow with conventional tactics.

That said, it's perfectly understandable if he doesn't attack so early.
Gap to the break makes it very likely Vingegaard has Van Aert and/or Benoot on top of Spandelles.

He's already conceded the Tour de France here. The big attack never came.

This isn't Contador vs Rasmussen. This is Quintana vs Froome from the 2016 Vuelta. The attack from Froome never came.

Gap to the break makes it very likely Vingegaard has Van Aert and/or Benoot on top of Spandelles.

He's already conceded the Tour de France here. The big attack never came.

This isn't Contador vs Rasmussen. This is Quintana vs Froome from the 2016 Vuelta. The attack from Froome never came.

Yes I think that he is saving something for Hautacam, the TT and then for the Vuelta afterwards.

TRENDING THREADS