• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 2 (Roskilde – Nyborg, 202.2k)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Unfortunately todays stage will disappoint in regards to crosswinds I think, too many teams want a sprint stage, especially Quickstep, which usually try to do something in the wind. So only if some GC teams without a sprinter want some action then it will happen.

The sport is hugely popular in Denmark, they used to dominate amateur cycling in the postwar era before the Eastern Bloc countries started to solidify. Probably the only thing that stops Denmark from being one of the pillars of the sport's high level races is the lack of variety in the terrain and that when it comes to that type of racing, the Netherlands got there first in establishing its elite calendar.

We need Carlsberg to get their act together and do a Platinum Race.

Unfortunately todays stage will disappoint in regards to crosswinds I think, too many teams want a sprint stage, especially Quickstep, which usually try to do something in the wind. So only if some GC teams without a sprinter want some action then it will happen.
Even if Quickstep want a sprint with Jacobsen, they always try something in the wind if there is the slightest chance

Reactions: Didinho
Apparently all the Danes with a bicycle went to the the harbor. There all Danes with a boat apparently took 10 Danes without a boat out to the see. And apparently now all of them are trying to make some crosswind at that famous bridge. I just hope they parked their boats at the right one.

TRENDING THREADS