• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 4 (Dunkerque – Calais, 171.5k)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah this was madness. Surely Ineos would've given Yates the thumbs up to work with Pogacar behind. Maybe no communication from his team how big the gap was over radio?
Not to mention the fact that Vingegaard didn't give Yates any help after they went over the top of the climb only a few meters behind Wout.
With an Ineos rider with them they could have gained even more time.

Oh well, Wout only rides for Wout in this Tour, at least that's what it looks like...

Reactions: Lui98 and markene2
I don't get why Vingo tried to follow if all this was supposed to just launch Van Aert's big solo. But OTOH I don't get why Van Aert dropped him if they were supposed to work together.

Well I guess it doesn't matter when you can just power your way to the stage win. He was tired of second places...

TRENDING THREADS