• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 4 (Dunkerque – Calais, 171.5k)

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Very strange tactics by JV unless it wasn't planned. One can well argue that Wout is pointless getting tired to be a late support for Roglic or Vingo.

If i am Jumbo im going to question if i can trust wout to wait for Jonas and Roglic and be a team player tomorrow. honestly he rode his own show last year also the stage roglic crashed. He wins stages and brings awarnes for the sponsors but for the team cohesion i would question how good it is.

bdc36RV.png

If i am Jumbo im going to question if i can trust wout to wait for Jonas and Roglic and be a team player tomorrow. honestly he rode his own show last year also the stage roglic crashed. He wins stages and brings awarnes for the sponsors but for the team cohesion i would question how good it is.

I think it was the team plan for WVA to launch from the climb and take the win.

Looked too chaotic in that attack moment for instant strategy decisions. Just goooo.
True but they had, after Laporte dropped out, a very select group of WvA, Vingegaard, Roglic, Yates, Thomas. But yeah, since they were not able to go as fast as WvA (especially Roglic and Thomas), the gap might have not been enough (maybe none at all, since Pogacar and Vlasov actually closed in Roglic and Thomas over the top).

TRENDING THREADS