• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 7 (Tomblaine – La Super Planche des Belles Filles, 176.3k)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jumbo to sit on the front and ride as slow as possible to make sure nobody loses any time. Everybody sees Sepp Kuss sitting somewhere near the front but not taking a turn and goes "whoa, that Sepp Kuss is such a great climber and he looks so relaxed, I'd better not attack as he will inevitably chase me down and then Jumbo will have me outnumbered AND I'll be tired!

Eighty men sprint out the finish at the top of the Super Planche with Kuss sitting 2nd wheel all the way to the line. Peter Sagan beats Chris Froome into second place. A technical hitch means that all commentary is knocked out except for Adam Blythe who commentates the stage solo.

A terrorist incident is reported at a Jumbo supermarket and Dutch police report that they are scouring cyclingnews forum for leads.
I don't think you're aware of the amount of truth the post carries.
...in its every paragraph.

The domains the truth refers to aren't necessarily explicit.

I actually kinda like this climb. Although it certainly has been overused in the last 10 years.

The added gravel section potentially neutralizes the rest of the climb and is unnecessary.

If Pogacar wants to put pen to paper it doesn't matter though. Then, he just attacks with ~5 kilometres to and either stays away or takes Vingegaard with him until a final sprint on the gravel.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Jumbo to sit on the front and ride as slow as possible to make sure nobody loses any time. Everybody sees Sepp Kuss sitting somewhere near the front but not taking a turn and goes "whoa, that Sepp Kuss is such a great climber and he looks so relaxed, I'd better not attack as he will inevitably chase me down and then Jumbo will have me outnumbered AND I'll be tired!

Eighty men sprint out the finish at the top of the Super Planche with Kuss sitting 2nd wheel all the way to the line. Peter Sagan beats Chris Froome into second place. A technical hitch means that all commentary is knocked out except for Adam Blythe who commentates the stage solo.

A terrorist incident is reported at a Jumbo supermarket and Dutch police report that they are scouring cyclingnews forum for leads.
Sepp Kuss would never…

• Haha
Reactions: JosefK
Yes, but the strange thing is there really hasn't been a good Giro since 2019. And the climb to Etna is god awful. Just remove that little steep gravel road on Planche and we are totally good. The climb has delivered MORE than we most would expect those year without the ramp. Its a completely fine climb.
The 2020 Giro d'Italia was perfectly fine. 2021 was underwhelming and 2022 was awful.

PDBF is much better than Etna IMHO. Mainly because of the 2014 & 2020 exploits though.

Etna is just as overused and completely useless most times.

This guy seemed to enjoy the climb in 2012:

7f8bc6ed4a87c415a6606300f9531624.jpg

Yes, but the strange thing is there really hasn't been a good Giro since 2019. And the climb to Etna is god awful. Just remove that little steep gravel road on Planche and we are totally good. The climb has delivered MORE than we most would expect those year without the ramp. Its a completely fine climb.
Right, but the steep gravel section is what makes it poor ( that and overuse) because after the roughly 4-5 km of 10% or more, it levels off before then the last k of 20% or whatever. That tends to take away the incentive to attack on the first section and instead wait till the final ramp. But will be happy to be proved wrong tomorrow.

Reactions: Sandisfan
The Super stretch is fine for the breakaway while calms the GC a bit. Though it looks like it doesn't make a difference in the current field.
Etna can hardly be a major day. The way it features it's just fine, imo. Makes happy everybody involved.

TRENDING THREADS