• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 7 (Tomblaine – La Super Planche des Belles Filles, 176.3k)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Guillaume Martin, Lutsenko and Teuns could ride into the yellow jersey.

Pinot & Mollema are strong candidates for the stage win.

Usually suspects like Cosnefroy, Bonnamour and Rolland certainly gonna try to make the breakaway.

If UAE lets a big group go, rather than going for the stage with Pogacar.

Guillaume Martin, Lutsenko and Teuns could ride into the yellow jersey.

Pinot & Mollema are strong candidates for the stage win.

Usually suspects like Cosnefroy, Bonnamour and Rolland certainly gonna try to make the breakaway.

If UAE lets a big group go, rather than going for the stage with Pogacar.

Pogacar has said that he wants to win again on this climb.

I'll go with Pinot for the win today. The GC selection should become a bit clearer after today although I don't think we will see any major time gaps since the parcours doesn't really lend itself to a sustained long range attack. There is a certain amount of spectator fatigue involved with finishing on this climb yet again but it should be interesting nonetheless.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I'll go with Pinot for the win today. The GC selection should become a bit clearer after today although I don't think we will see any major time gaps since the parcours doesn't really lend itself to a sustained long range attack. There is a certain amount of spectator fatigue involved with finishing on this climb yet again but it should be interesting nonetheless.

I suspect there will be more than five people on the PdBF, who'd be happy with that outcome.

This one has Pogacar written all over it with all his family there , too many other riders close enough that other time will be on patrolling duties as well such as Bora have already done and not enough early climbing for the good non-gc climbers like Storer, Pinot, Woods, Latour etc to infiltrate the break of the day without wearing themselves down making the gap on the flat.

O'|Connor is now 7 minutes down so should have some freedom to either go for the break or attack on the lower slopes of the final climb for the stage win.

Reactions: Sandisfan
We need mullets to make a comeback

FXIuHkHXEAA4pFi

TRENDING THREADS