• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 7 (Tomblaine – La Super Planche des Belles Filles, 176.3k)

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
UAE is such a joke of a team. How in their amateruishness did they land Pogacar?

One night last fall, Gianetti and the UAE brass decided Pogacar needed a BFF.

Someone who could take the young champion under his wing, teach him to remain humble despite his success, and to help him learn how to be a model teammate.

Later, Mauro called Matxin and told him that he had just found the perfect loyal teammate for Pogi and signed him immediately. Curious, Matxin asked,”who is this perfect mentor for our young champion?”

”Marc Soler,” he replied with a proud smile.

I really want to see the break working well together and no-one in the peleton to help UAE. Let them bleed, I like Pogi but I'm sick of these "Whole family is there, girlfried at the finishing line, he really wants to win here" nonsense feel good stories.

I haven't paid much attention to the pictures in the last minutes but the commentary on German Eurosport was claiming that the group is in fact not working together properly but rather attacked each other some times.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS