• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France Tour de France 2022: Stage 7 (Tomblaine – La Super Planche des Belles Filles, 176.3k)

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes, exactly. I think the biggest threat to Pogacar might be Pogacar himself. Feeling invicible is maybe not that great all the time.

Isn't that always kind of the case. As we all know, GC leaders have bad days. Sometimes they can bluff their way through, as Armstrong did once or twice. It's the duty of the rival teams to expose those bad days. If today was an indication, other teams will give Pog a test when they can.

So another victory for Pogi, his count is progressing fast as it's still the first week. Epic duel with Vinge at the end. To me it's clear that Vinge will be Pogacar's main rival and I think he is a threat to the Slovenian. Primoz is too far back to overcome the deficit under normal circumstances (but he may try some epic long-range attack).

Reactions: Lui98
Isn't that always kind of the case. As we all know, GC leaders have bad days. Sometimes they can bluff their way through, as Armstrong did once or twice. It's the duty of the rival teams to expose those bad days. If today was an indication, other teams will give Pog a test when they can.

It'll be the Alpe stage really. That stage is hard enough that Ineos and Jumbo need to exploit Pogs lack of a team and get likes of Roglic and Martinez in a move. Vingegaard and Thomas/Yates can sit on Pogacar then.

Reactions: gregrowlerson
He pushed him, but I don't know if he wasn't more on the limit than Pogacar. Vingegaard collapsed on his bike just after the finish line.
Indeed. Even if Pogacar had a hard time reacting, he recovered much faster than Vingegaard and the others. Still, it was a promising performance from Vingegaard. Don't forget that Vingegaard is more suitable for the long efforts. Pogacar is more explosive, and can go a little over the limit physically.

Congratulations to Tadej Pogačar for winning the stage.

Finale was rather expected and i am glad that Rogla made it into top 3. Initially plan, before the crash, likely was to do the same but for Rogla to go last. First time i seen UAE doing that much work on a race. No other team remotely interested in working at front till Majka signaling enough is enough. Majka said they are a strong team and they fear nobody. In my opinion they should. Especially if they will waste their energy like they did today. If teams such as Ineos and JV would caught Pogi on the back foot. Regardless of the terrain in my opinion they can crack UAE in a single action. Vingegaard looks strong and we all expect he will do well climbing. In all other elements i fear that he might lose seconds against Pogi. Still this race has only really begin and lets see what will happen till the rest day.

Congratulations to Tadej Pogačar for winning the stage.

Finale was rather expected and i am glad that Rogla made it into top 3. Initially plan, before the crash, likely was to do the same but for Rogla to go last. First time i seen UAE doing that much work on a race. No other team remotely interested in working at front till Majka signaling enough is enough. Majka said they are a strong team and they fear nobody. In my opinion they should. Especially if they will waste their energy like they did today. If teams such as Ineos and JV would caught Pogi on the back foot. Regardless of the terrain in my opinion they can crack UAE in a single action. Vingegaard looks strong and we all expect he will do well climbing. In all other elements i fear that he might lose seconds against Pogi. Still this race has only really begin and lets see what will happen till the rest day.
Nothing will happen. INEOS and Jumbo will help Emirates to control the escape. If tomorrow or in other mountain stages a rider from INEOS, Jumbo, Vlasov, Gaudu, Quintana were to attack, then they are guaranteed to be overtaken..... not by Emirates or Pogacar themselves, but by all competitors (INEOS, Jumbo) themselves. Pogacar will watch smiling.

I know, an incomprehensible team tactic from the leader's competitors. But it's been that way for years. Under Indurain, Armstrong, Wiggins.

Yea, but since the péloton has ridden up it in about 800 races since its introduction ten years ago, they all know it like the back of their hands at this stage.
I do not doubt it is well known! My post was sent in response to someone who was pretending it's nothing! it's not far from it! Yesterday's pictures of pros pushing their bikes up give a good example of why I suggest its a tough climb.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedheadDane
1862 m/h of VAM (and over 6.6 w per kg)by Pog and Vigne for almost 20 minutes (19 min 43 sec new record). Very strong performance.

Reactions: Lui98
Great news for those who feel like the Planche des Belles Filles is an underused climb and they need more of it!

If you can't possibly wait until next weekend for the Tour de France Femmes, if you tune in for the Tour d'Alsace on Friday you can see them climb the Super Planche, because heaven forfend we go more than three weeks without seeing this unique and rarely-seen ascent!

Great news for those who feel like the Planche des Belles Filles is an underused climb and they need more of it!

If you can't possibly wait until next weekend for the Tour de France Femmes, if you tune in for the Tour d'Alsace on Friday you can see them climb the Super Planche, because heaven forfend we go more than three weeks without seeing this unique and rarely-seen ascent!
I suppose there's something about it involving riders.
It's not all about spectators.

TRENDING THREADS